forever123

7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi there,

I am a Canadian who has been out of undergrad for a year now and just finishing up my Masters. Canadian schools are ridiculously competitive and seems very very very hopeless right now. I wrote my mcat four times because of my verbal score (7-->8-->7-->? (hoping for a 10+). Since I wrote my mcat so many times with my first write being my highest, did I mess up my chances for US MD?

Thanks for your time,

Hopeless Canadian

About the Ads

blackroses

2+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm going to be honest. It shows poor judgement to have taken the MCAT so many times, especially when you scored worse on the retakes. And poor judgement is not going to be looked upon kindly by many schools.

Reactions: 1 users

forever123

7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks for your reply. That's very true and I agree but I certainly learned a lot from this experience and I absolutely do regret re-writing. My initial plan was to just apply to Canadian schools until I get in and Canadian schools do not care how many times you re-wrote the MCAT.

Sep 9, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If yo get a chance to write about the MCAT, try to spin it as evidence of your dedication to the field. I personally think you will be fine.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads