Did I mess up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kalz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was accepted to a medical school in the morning a few days ago and only had until 5pm to accept so I of course accepted right away. There is another school that I am on the waitlist for and was told I had a very good chance of being accepted to. There hasn't been much waitlist movement there according to the forums but I was wondering if they chose to skip over me because I accepted another school? I also applied for housing and am sending in all my documentations for the accepted school. Will the waitlist school think that I am no longer interested in them since I accepted the other school so quickly and am preparing school stuff already? I am just doing it because in case I am not accepted from the waitlist school, I will have everything prepared and ready. Finally, I have a third school that told me I am not getting off the waitlist but I was keeping my position on the list in case it boosted my financial aid (I heard it helps having multiple acceptances but I'm not sure about waitlists). Should I withdraw from that school but keep my desired waitlist school to make it look like I am waiting only on them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I was accepted to a medical school in the morning a few days ago and only had until 5pm to accept so I of course accepted right away. There is another school that I am on the waitlist for and was told I had a very good chance of being accepted to. There hasn't been much waitlist movement there according to the forums but I was wondering if they chose to skip over me because I accepted another school? I also applied for housing and am sending in all my documentations for the accepted school. Will the waitlist school think that I am no longer interested in them since I accepted the other school so quickly and am preparing school stuff already? I am just doing it because in case I am not accepted from the waitlist school, I will have everything prepared and ready. Finally, I have a third school that told me I am not getting off the waitlist but I was keeping my position on the list in case it boosted my financial aid (I heard it helps having multiple acceptances but I'm not sure about waitlists). Should I withdraw from that school but keep my desired waitlist school to make it look like I am waiting only on them?

Waitlist movement occurs until mid july i believe, so no I don't think accepting one affects the other. A friend of mine confirmed his acceptance to UMich but then JHU took him off the WL after may 15th and he's now at JHU. I wouldn't sweat it too much unless the waitlisted school is your dream school. I'd contact the school you accepted and see if you can withdraw ONLY after the waitlisted school accepts you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist movement occurs until mid july i believe, so no I don't think accepting one affects the other. A friend of mine confirmed his acceptance to UMich but then JHU took him off the WL after may 15th and he's now at JHU. I wouldn't sweat it too much unless the waitlisted school is your dream school. I'd contact the school you accepted and see if you can withdraw ONLY after the waitlisted school accepts you.

Why would you withdraw BEFORE? Sounds like a recipe for disaster...

Along with 2 updates, I sent a LOI twice and also had a third email with the dean obviously indicating that I was interested, but all of this was within the past few months, and nothing this month other than an update about a publication. Usually they respond but since they didn't respond to the latest one I thought they were hinting that it's too late for anything and I should just sit and wait...Should I send another one? I guess it wouldn't hurt and would let them know my intentions but I just didn't want to sound pushy.

Last edited: