did i mess up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbsmd

C.S.M.D.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys im a third year premed and I have a 3.7 gpa but I dropped two classes my 1st term of freshman year and im wondering how that will hurt my chances of acceptance. I havent taken the mcat yet but I know it is important in the acceptance decision. I retook the courses I dropped and I passed them both with mid-level A's.......so do you guys think the adcom will care about those courses.... Im applying to seven us schools and sgu in grenada......one of the us med schools is also where i did my undergrad work....if that matters....thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the search function at the top of your screen.

hi guys im a third year premed and I have a 3.7 gpa but I dropped two classes my 1st term of freshman year and im wondering how that will hurt my chances of acceptance. I havent taken the mcat yet but I know it is important in the acceptance decision. I retook the courses I dropped and I passed them both with mid-level A's.......so do you guys think the adcom will care about those courses.... Im applying to seven us schools and sgu in grenada......one of the us med schools is also where i did my undergrad work....if that matters....thanks for the help

I wouldn't sweat it. You might get asked a question about it, but I even doubt that with your strong finish. Prep an answer to the "Why?" question just in case, but I think you have plenty more important things to worry about than a couple drops of spilt milk. :thumbup:

I dropped 10 classes and was accepted at my state school. I had reaons for dropping them, but I didn't discuss it until my interview.