Did I miss the boat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veryanxiouspremed

Reaction score
Long story short, I had a difficult time getting transcripts sent from a community college. I was in a dual enrollment program in high school, and the transfer credits showed up on my official transcripts. AMCAS said they require an official transcript from community college. My app was marked ready to review 2 days ago 8/10. I am scheduled to take MCAT on 8/29, earlier test cancelled in a hotspot state.

I applied with only a throwaway school, and am obviously prewriting allll my secondaries, but am getting concerned(see username) that I am just wasting my time. LORs in. MCAT will be back 9/14. I will have all secondaries written. I saw the graph from last year, and am hoping at least this year will be close, so I will be verified, MCAT, and ready to push submit on secondaries the day I receive them, hopefully on or close to 9/14.

I am a nontrad. 3.94 GPA, 3.88 SGPA. Currently on my 3rd "gap year", but have a unique story, started a healthcare company freshman year of undergrad catering to an underserved population, and it has sort of taken offf. *knock on wood* cautiously optimistic in a decent MCAT score.

My goal is local state MD school due to ties to the community, which is ranked mid-40s, but was planning on applying broadly. Is it worth pursuing at this point? Or should I just throw in the towel and apply next year?

Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, not late at all. It's a pernicious pre-med delusion that anything after 6/2 is late.

We can't advise on chances without an MCAT score. You'll still be OK by then.

BTW, saying a school is "mid-40s" means one is talking about pretty much any US MD school.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users