Did I ruin my chances by picking a late interview date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

super112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one interview in January but literally every day before that was blocked out. I've never gone to an interview so I'm really unfamiliar with this, but is that considered late? If so, is it possible to notified of an earlier date if it becomes available?

Also looking at last year's stats, it seems that they only accept 1/4 of the interviewed students applying out of state (my situation). Does anyone know if schools interview all students first before making cuts? or will they just accept/cut as they go along which means late interviewees are going to be really struggling to get that acceptance.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ideally you want one before December. Think about it, everyone is fighting for the maximum number of seats before December but anytime past December and you have much fewer seats to compete for.

Try to refresh the page if you signed up for the interview over a portal every day until an earlier slot opens up. You could also try calling them every few days.

Phew. Came into this thread thinking this was another classic SDN thread of late being in October. Dec 1st the cream of the crop then it's rolling admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
Phew. Came into this thread thinking this was another classic SDN thread of late being in October. Dec 1st the cream of the crop then it's rolling admissions
What do you mean? You knod you head yes, but you wanna say no.. What do you mean?

Is there a Delta SkyPriority® boarding line for interviews or something?

I want to already be head-on-pillow, sipping my hermetically sealed single-serving of chardonnay by the time economy class slogs on past. Yes, I can hear the whine of the air system and see the faces of the common folk as they walk by me thinking, "mayhaps the young master will bestow a happy glance or blessing of good fortune upon this mortal pre-dent, for the hour is late and my spirit withers on the cold calendar of missed opportunity." Perchance I do grant such a magnanimous offering of countenance, from my high perch of early-interviewee grandeur.

But no, it will be I doing the slogging, looking for the happy glance not oft accorded. For I delayed my test of courage, my Dental Admission Test. And I will walk on past, past December... with naught but a 2-for-1 suit and a broken dream in it's pocket. Harken, ye pre-dents of the morrow, to the entreatments of one who knows... whistle for a cab, and when it comes near, the license plate will say 'fresh' with dice in the mirror. If anything, you will say that this cab is rare. But you might think, nah forget it, yo homes to Bel-Air.