Did I shoot myself in the foot on my secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lake_Front

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So for several secondaries, I mentioned how I was physically larger in stature (6'6"/260 pounds) and wanting to be a pediatrician etc etc, it's irrelevant how I connect the dots but it's there haha.

Now I'm starting to second guess if I shot myself in the foot. Now I'm a bigger dude but I work out and wouldn't consider myself to be morbidly obese, but given what I provided, is there a chance someone might look at me as being a generally unhealthy individual, etc and have it serve against me in the application process?

Members don't see this ad.

1. not every one in medical field is model looking BMI 23 ppl (no offense to those). Its crazy to even think that that mightve been the case.
2. i have classmates who could be described as bigger people, and, seriously, no one cares. like, AT ALL.
3. The only thing you need to "worry" about is for essays to be well written, because thats the only thing that matters.

Basically, you are overthinking it. It will be ok.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

So for several secondaries, I mentioned how I was physically larger in stature (6'6"/260 pounds) and wanting to be a pediatrician etc etc, it's irrelevant how I connect the dots but it's there haha.

Now I'm starting to second guess if I shot myself in the foot. Now I'm a bigger dude but I work out and wouldn't consider myself to be morbidly obese, but given what I provided, is there a chance someone might look at me as being a generally unhealthy individual, etc and have it serve against me in the application process?
Chill.

At my school, we've had several morbidly obese students over the years. You know what? They're doctors now.

Reactions: 1 user
260 isn’t a bad weight for 6’6”. You’re proportional, not morbidly obese.

Reactions: 1 users
Nah, I think that 6'6" is going to catch eyes more than anything else. If you mention anywhere in your application that you ever did athletics the average person will think of you as a tall athlete. That's the first thing that pops into my head reading this.

Reactions: 1 users
Nah, I think that 6'6" is going to catch eyes more than anything else. If you mention anywhere in your application that you ever did athletics the average person will think of you as a tall athlete. That's the first thing that pops into my head reading this.
Unfortunately, I didn't really mention it. I just mention my height and weight at one point in these secondaries and how my experience have taught me that there are more to people than what meets the eye, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Chill.

At my school, we've had several morbidly obese students over the years. You know what? They're doctors now.
Thank you. I'm sure that there are students who matriculate being overweight, but I was just wondering if mentioning my height or weight would have any negative connotation for someone reading the essay.

I think that is similar size as JJ watt, Clowney, etc. Seems pretty normal for being that height

Thank you. I'm sure that there are students who matriculate being overweight, but I was just wondering if mentioning my height or weight would have any negative connotation for someone reading the essay.
*sigh* Take two of these:
1630455454793.png