did interviewing wear you out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm midway into my interview season, with three more to go, and hopefully more!!

but i'm finding myself quite tired (travelling, waking up early, long interview days)...and unmotivated to do anywork...i think my grades will suffer.

do you just have to trust you'll get accepted somewhere? :scared:

i think its more important to be well rested and prepared for interviews, thats where i put my priority. but now the thought of my many upcoming midterms which i haven't done squat for is causing stress.

it would be easier if there was just school + interviews...but that isn't hte case, with research/ECs/family commitments etc. i feel like i'm being tugged at in every direction and i can't wait for the semester to end.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm midway into my interview season, with three more to go, and hopefully more!!

but i'm finding myself quite tired (travelling, waking up early, long interview days)...and unmotivated to do anywork...i think my grades will suffer.

i think its more important to be well rested and prepared for interviews, thats where i put my priority. but now the thought of my many upcoming midterms which i haven't done squat for is causing stress.

it would be easier if there was just school + interviews...but that isn't hte case, with research/ECs/family commitments etc. i feel like i'm being tugged at in every direction and i can't wait for the semester to end.

interviews don't wear me out. they take one to two days each. thats nothing. you think you're busy now.

i got very wore out from the interviews, i feel your pain, but you only have 3 more...you can do it...youre almost done....just think.....when you get your acceptance you can let everything slide somewhat so put in the last bit of effort. ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Like the OP, I am def. worn out from interviews. Its mentally tiring because they seem so important and you have to put your heart and head into each one, only to pull it out and start again for the next one. Im glad to be almost finished. My last one is EVMS - the dreaded panel interview - nice timing.

Interviews are nice little mini-vacations from reality...ok...just kidding.

They are work...and it just takes so much to have to tell your story over and over again, especially when you have 2 interviewers who ask the same exact questions.

But hang in there...interviews are important...you have invested time, $, emotions (it is one day in your life but it really can change a lot). The waiting sucks :sleep:

Once the decisions will come in, it will all be worth it...good luck :luck:

I'm worn out and I've only had one. :laugh:

I get worn out immediately after my interview, most of them were on the East Coast and I'm a Cali kid so I was waking up at 4 am my time after about a good 6 hrs of jittery sleep. After my last interview question of the day was done, my brain would check out and say, report immediately to a comfy plane seat and snooze all the way back.

I've done a lot of travelling in the past (many 16 hour marathon flights direct to Singapore) so I'm pretty accustomed to doing the plane thing.

But I think I got a little worn out when I went to New York for a couple interviews during record breaking cold weather while I was sick and couldn't hear anything out of one ear (swelled up eustachian tubes during depressurization on descent = no popping ears for me).

I just had a generally bad experience due to how I felt, and when I came back I didn't really want to fly again while sick.

I find them extreamly tiring! Only because i can't sleep when im nervious or paraniod about my flight being canceled/delayed/crashed

So... call me crazy, but I flew back into the country on a thursday, and that starting monday did 10 interviews in about 18 days (2 weeks and a half). Then I flew back out of the country. And I had another solid week of interviews for mid/late January. And (amen) I got acceptances before, and I could not, I just couldn't interview anymore. I canceled the whole week except 1 (because it's in my home town). I was tired of flying, tired of shoes, tired of airports, just tired. So yes, interviewing did wear me out. I think in my case it was actually good to cram them all together, else I would have given up way earlier...

So... call me crazy, but I flew back into the country on a thursday, and that starting monday did 10 interviews in about 18 days (2 weeks and a half). Then I flew back out of the country. And I had another solid week of interviews for mid/late January. And (amen) I got acceptances before, and I could not, I just couldn't interview anymore. I canceled the whole week except 1 (because it's in my home town). I was tired of flying, tired of shoes, tired of airports, just tired. So yes, interviewing did wear me out. I think in my case it was actually good to cram them all together, else I would have given up way earlier...

Ballin! Congrats on all those interviews player

For me, it was so exciting to get those emails with "invitation to interview" in the subject - at the beginning. My first few interviews were scheduled during October/November mostly for days in early January but also some in December. After the early ones were over, I had a break to recuperate from the stress. Then came January with 4 interviews in 6 days. I think that's when I was pretty done. I came back completely exhausted not wanting to go to another school because by that time after hearing the same perks of this med school and telling my same journey to so many people- everything was blending together. Then the best thing happened - an acceptance!! And suddenly the world made sense again and I stopped feeling so horrible about the dollars flowing from my pockets during all these interviews.

After the acceptance, I cancelled a few interviews I really wasn't interested in and now only have 2 more left -back-to-back at the end of this month. I guess what I'm trying to say is give it time - the process is long and painful at times, but once you get that fat envelope in the mail - it becomes a distant memory and if you have more interviews to come well at least you can go in with a lot of the pressure lifted off your shoulders.

Hang in there!!