Did/Is your residency program offering a moving stipend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dre1207

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm prepping for a move from Los Angeles to Chicago and was wondering if anyone got a moving stipend from their residency program? Would anyone dare to ask their program? Its just going to be pricey and you know I'm already poor being a 4th year med student after that interview season...

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of peds programs said they did during the interview process....the one I matched with reimburses you up to $1000 for the move.

Wow, that's awesome! Do you think it's bad form to ask the program if there are funds available?

Hi all,

I'm prepping for a move from Los Angeles to Chicago and was wondering if anyone got a moving stipend from their residency program? Would anyone dare to ask their program? Its just going to be pricey and you know I'm already poor being a 4th year med student after that interview season...

Thoughts?

My program offers a $1500 sign-on bonus.

My program offers $750.

yeah mine offers $600.....but it's apain in the neck figuring out what fits the description of "taxable" and "non-taxable" deductions....but i guess it's better than nothing!!!