did med schools just send out email for the money??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thadarknyte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email today from wisconsin saying that aamc sent my scores and they think that if i have the right credentials i could be a good fit in wisconsin, some bs like that.

Now, i didnt apply to wisconsin and dont plan on it. BUT, are they for real? or do they just send these emails to everyone in order to make some money?/ lol

Members don't see this ad.

haha....i got one today too....bs

I got one in april....3 days after I took the mcat

thadarknyte said:
I got an email today from wisconsin saying that aamc sent my scores and they think that if i have the right credentials i could be a good fit in wisconsin, some bs like that.

Now, i didnt apply to wisconsin and dont plan on it. BUT, are they for real? or do they just send these emails to everyone in order to make some money?/ lol

How else do you think that AAMC/Wisconsin administrators pay for their pensions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Email is free, secondaries are $$$ (Bling, bling, bling....)

:laugh:

oh man, they've got washU and harvard beat - i mean those two actually send out nice brochures via snail mail, which must set them back at least $5. the ones that scout via email, they're set. pay aamc like $5000 for a list of premeds with certain scores, then send out the net.

thadarknyte said:

Hi there,
Actually, secondary application fees are a huge money-maker for most medical schools especially those that do not screen.

njbmd :)