Did NECO change its' pre-requisite courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CN2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just checking out the catalogue that is posted on NECO's website and I stumbled upon something unusual.

Semesters Quarters
Chemistry (with lab) 2 3
Organic Chemistry (with lab) 1 2
Biology (with lab) 2 3
Microbiology 1 2
Mathematics (including Calculus) 2 3
Physics (with lab) 2 3
English 2 3
Psychology 1 2
Humanities (other) 4 6
Social Sciences (other) 4 6

The last 2 categories of humanities and social sciences is new. What does this mean for students that are applying to NECO for 2011? I don't understand why they would add these categories to the list of pre-requisites. It would be really helpful if someone could shed light on this topic. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just checking out the catalogue that is posted on NECO's website and I stumbled upon something unusual.

Semesters Quarters
Chemistry (with lab) 2 3
Organic Chemistry (with lab) 1 2
Biology (with lab) 2 3
Microbiology 1 2
Mathematics (including Calculus) 2 3
Physics (with lab) 2 3
English 2 3
Psychology 1 2
Humanities (other) 4 6
Social Sciences (other) 4 6

The last 2 categories of humanities and social sciences is new. What does this mean for students that are applying to NECO for 2011? I don't understand why they would add these categories to the list of pre-requisites. It would be really helpful if someone could shed light on this topic. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Those are usually required for a bachelors degree. They always wanted those courses