Did not disclose in my primary application that I plan on taking a pre-req at CC in gap year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryeguy

Reaction score
I am missing my ochem lab and plan on taking it at CC during the gap year, however, I didn't mention this in my primary application. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing, AMCAS applications are not used to check for prereq fulfillment nor are prereqs checked prior to acceptance

Great to hear, I'll take it in the meanwhile and should they inquire I will update them with the latest transcript, I hope that is sufficient.

Great to hear, I'll take it in the meanwhile and should they inquire I will update them with the latest transcript, I hope that is sufficient.

I doubt anyone will ask. Some schools ask you to enter current and future coursework as a part of their secondaries, but not all. I took a couple pre-reqs during my senior year and didn't include them in my primary, and it was a non-issue. As long as you have the pre-reqs done by the time you matriculate, you're fine.

Prior to matriculation, the one med school to which you commit to enroll will require you to submit an original transcript from every school attended. Despite this impending "proof" of prerequisite fulfillment, some med schools reach out to ask an acceptee ahead of time their plan to complete the requirements.