Did not get accepted to dental school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hook, liNe, and sinker. use the expression properly lol
It was changed to meet your approval.

Members don't see this ad.

In my experience, most people convince themselves that other people achieved something 'they didn't earn' through connections or some conspiracy because it's easier than admitting that they may not have worked hard enough for it themselves.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my experience, most people convince themselves that other people achieved something 'they didn't earn' through connections or some conspiracy because it's easier than admitting that they may not have worked hard enough for it themselves.

while this may be true, dental school admissions is really random.
from past posts I've seen many students get accepted to UCSF/UCLA but get rejected by USC/Western.
some with strong stats and EC may just get unlucky and not get into either.

Reactions: 3 users
while this may be true, dental school admissions is really random.
from past posts I've seen many students get accepted to UCSF/UCLA but get rejected by USC/Western.
some with strong stats and EC may just get unlucky and not get into either.

Of course it is, but that doesn't mean that someone who got in with what you perceive to be low stats only got through on their connections. The process itself is absolutely capricious, I experienced my fair share of that last year.

So as the 2013-2014 application cycle comes to a close, it looks like I did not get into a dental school. I would love any advice of what to do differently next time!
Here are my stats: gpa: 3.52 3.36; Dat: 21,21, 22; 100+ hrs volunteer/work experience
I applied to 10 schools, and got 1 interview and later rejection
Big catch here, I did not get my full application in until September- there were issues with LORs. Could this really be the deal breaker here?

Currently I work at a dental practice in the front office, and taking a few business classes from the local community college. Next year I am thinking about going to Cambodia with a volunteer program for a few months as a dental assistant after I complete my application and turn it in ASAP!!
If anyone has been in my shoes and did not get in their first round, please give me hope for next year!!!

Your stats aren't bad at all. DAT is really good.Sometimes it takes one or 2 tries. You have experience which is a plus. If you don't get in this cycle, keep your head up, apply next cycle because I have no doubt that you'll get in. Apply earlier, improve yourself during your gap year and apply to the right schools -- I believe that you'll get accepted and hope is not lost as long as you don't give up. :)

Reactions: 1 users
So as the 2013-2014 application cycle comes to a close, it looks like I did not get into a dental school. I would love any advice of what to do differently next time!
Here are my stats: gpa: 3.52 3.36; Dat: 21,21, 22; 100+ hrs volunteer/work experience
I applied to 10 schools, and got 1 interview and later rejection
Big catch here, I did not get my full application in until September- there were issues with LORs. Could this really be the deal breaker here?

Currently I work at a dental practice in the front office, and taking a few business classes from the local community college. Next year I am thinking about going to Cambodia with a volunteer program for a few months as a dental assistant after I complete my application and turn it in ASAP!!
If anyone has been in my shoes and did not get in their first round, please give me hope for next year!!!
I know it been for 6 or 7 years! I am wondering are you still working on your dental journal? Become a dentist now or doing something else now? I also have question about myself, do not receive any interview!