Did not rank any programs but NRMP registered, violation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adalo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I registered for the spring peds NRMP match in 2016 but did not rank any programs or submit my list. Now I want to register for fall peds match but the website says I am not eligible for the match because I am already registered for another match. I will call NRMP and my PD tomorrow. Can anyone help explain this process ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Before you set off a panic, I assume you're talking about the Peds specialty matches, not the main Peds match. Of which there's only one.

You should call the NRMP. Not submitting a list is perfectly fine. You should be able to register for the new match, and the two timelines don't seem to overlap. In any case, the NRMP should be able to sort it out for you.

Alternatively, if you log into your R3 account you should be able to see which matches you're registered for. If you're still listed in the Spring Peds Fellowship match (even though it's over), you might need to officially "withdraw" from it before proceeding.

Still, even if you check and that seems to be the case, I wouldn't proceed until you talk to NRMP tomorrow.

Before you set off a panic, I assume you're talking about the Peds specialty matches, not the main Peds match. Of which there's only one.

You should call the NRMP. Not submitting a list is perfectly fine. You should be able to register for the new match, and the two timelines don't seem to overlap. In any case, the NRMP should be able to sort it out for you.

Alternatively, if you log into your R3 account you should be able to see which matches you're registered for. If you're still listed in the Spring Peds Fellowship match (even though it's over), you might need to officially "withdraw" from it before proceeding.

Still, even if you check and that seems to be the case, I wouldn't proceed until you talk to NRMP tomorrow.

Thanks man, that's what I figured.

I'll add one thing to the excellent advise above. Document the **** out of your interactions with NRMP. In the unlikely case that the dude on the other line gives you bad info and you get slapped with a match violation...you need to prove that an interaction took place. I wouldn't record it because that blurs other legal lines...but document whom you spoke with, when you spoke with him/her, and the advice that was given with quotes if possible. The 2 minutes and minimum effort it takes to do that could save you.