did pharmCAS calculate your GPA yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any new info...anyone know what day they are working on, or been verified recently? If so what was your app complete/submission date?

Members don't see this ad.

Any new info...anyone know what day they are working on, or been verified recently? If so what was your app complete/submission date?

My PharmCAS application was submitted on the 11th of October. I mailed my transcripts a day after, they were received on the 21st.

Based on what I have been reading here, I am assuming it will take them about 3 weeks to verify my app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang! i didn't know you can sent out transcript before actually submitting application. I submitted pharmcas last week, in week or two they should receive my transcripts. I already feel like i am so late and i will be left out. Anyone in same boat?
I do! I'm reading through these threads like... Crap do I even have a chance?! People are already getting accepted! I submitted my PHARMCAS last night :( didn't know I didn't have to wait for my transcripts and LORs to come thru...

I do! I'm reading through these threads like... Crap do I even have a chance?! People are already getting accepted! I submitted my PHARMCAS last night :( didn't know I didn't have to wait for my transcripts and LORs to come thru...

Yeah, its been already week that i sent out my transcript and it says that they only received one. I guess it would take atleast month to process everything and calculate GPA. If you don't mind me asking, what schools are you applying?

Yeah, its been already week that i sent out my transcript and it says that they only received one. I guess it would take atleast month to process everything and calculate GPA. If you don't mind me asking, what schools are you applying?
I am applying to Midwestern, u of the pacific, pacific u, roseman, Albany (vt & ny) and u of a. How about you???

Out of curiosity... Are everyone's PHARMCAS gpas looking similar to their actual gpas from their transcripts?

Did anyone pay to have them input your courses/grades? Does anyone know how long that takes?

Out of curiosity... Are everyone's PHARMCAS gpas looking similar to their actual gpas from their transcripts?
Curious of this as well. Do they have two GPA's? One Science? One Non Science?

My gpa from PharmCAS was just a tiny tiny bit higher. They separate your gpa into four categories: Science, Non-Science, Math, and Total. Then they have some specific courses listed like biochem, organic, physics, etc and your individual gpa's for those courses. Now that I'm looking at those listed, they are basically the prereq courses. So, basically expect your gpa to be the same as what your school says it is.

so can we submit without the transcripts? I submitted my transcripts last week, one is already posted, the other is not, can I just submit the app? lol I am just waiting for that...

I am applying to Midwestern, u of the pacific, pacific u, roseman, Albany (vt & ny) and u of a. How about you???

just AZ schools, haha. Have you submitted U of A application?

Members don't see this ad :)
so can we submit without the transcripts? I submitted my transcripts last week, one is already posted, the other is not, can I just submit the app? lol I am just waiting for that...

Yes, submit your app.

Did anyone get that automated "please submit your application before 11/2 deadline" email on 10/20 even though you submitted everything already? I submitted my app on 10/5.

Confused

just AZ schools, haha. Have you submitted U of A application?
No I haven't, I started on it, but damn it's tedious and lengthy, like the PHARMCAS all over again! I heard not as many people apply just because of that reason

Did anyone get that automated "please submit your application before 11/2 deadline" email on 10/20 even though you submitted everything already? I submitted my app on 10/5.

Confused
I remember seeing one about the deadline approaching for specific schools so it was a reminder to submit for them, but that was it.

No I haven't, I started on it, but damn it's tedious and lengthy, like the PHARMCAS all over again! I heard not as many people apply just because of that reason

Same!! Initially when i made an account, i thought this app would be short and to the point. But when i started going through each section, damn its long as hell. Sometimes info doesnt get saved, at one point i just wanted to give up doing it.

Same!! Initially when i made an account, i thought this app would be short and to the point. But when i started going through each section, damn its long as hell. Sometimes info doesnt get saved, at one point i just wanted to give up doing it.
Yeah seriously! My plan is to get the supplementals for the other schools I applied to done and then finish U of A

My gpa from PharmCAS was just a tiny tiny bit higher. They separate your gpa into four categories: Science, Non-Science, Math, and Total. Then they have some specific courses listed like biochem, organic, physics, etc and your individual gpa's for those courses. Now that I'm looking at those listed, they are basically the prereq courses. So, basically expect your gpa to be the same as what your school says it is.
This was very helpful. Thank you! For the science and math categories do they include all science/math courses that are not even required for pharmacy schools? Such as pre-calculus and statistics or is only Calculus included? Also, are the science classes such as Basic Chemistry (The one before General chem), General bio, nutrition also included in the science GPA although they are not listed as pre-reqs for pharm schools? Thank you!

Does anyone know if PharmCas will fix a small typo in the coursework section for you?

Does anyone know if PharmCas will fix a small typo in the coursework section for you?
I think you are "allowed" up to like three typos. Any more than that then you will have to redo it. I read that somewhere on PharmCAS website. (so, yes, I think they fix little errors)

This was very helpful. Thank you! For the science and math categories do they include all science/math courses that are not even required for pharmacy schools? Such as pre-calculus and statistics or is only Calculus included? Also, are the science classes such as Basic Chemistry (The one before General chem), General bio, nutrition also included in the science GPA although they are not listed as pre-reqs for pharm schools? Thank you!
No problem! I believe they use all science and math courses to calculate the associated GPA. For my school, nutrition isn't listed as a biology course, so it wouldn't be included. I don't know how that works otherwise.
The way your GPA calculation looks is a table. The far left column is "category" and the rows underneath are: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, post bacc, cumulative undergrad, graduate, professional, overall. Then you have your science gpa for each of those categories, then non-science, then math, and finally your total.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Did you also pay for Pharmcas to input your classes/grades? If so, how long did it take for them to do so? Thanks!

My gpa just got verified. I submitted mine on 10/5. So it took three weeks, but they had my transcripts and everything in early September.

Now onto supplemental apps

I didn't pay for them to input my grades. I thought that was pointless. I think it still takes about three weeks for them to do that though.

My gpa just got verified. I submitted mine on 10/5. So it took three weeks, but they had my transcripts and everything in early September.

Now onto supplemental apps
supplemental apps will be the death of me lol

Hey im new to this forum! I got pharmcas verification like in the attach, i dont know which one is overall gpa ir science gpa, can someone help me?
image.png

Hey im new to this forum! I got pharmcas verification like in the attach, i dont know which one is overall gpa ir science gpa, can someone help me?View attachment 197368

Last column and last row on the first table is your overall gpa.

Third column's last row on the first table is your overall science gpa.

Pharmcas is taking forever to update status of my transcript.loosing patience..

Yeah seriously! My plan is to get the supplementals for the other schools I applied to done and then finish U of A
Thats smart. Are you done with PCAT, mine coming next week

Hey! I'm kind of late! New to the forum, but I submitted my application on 10/8 and it was verified on 10/27! Took less than 3 weeks :)

Hopefull they keep getting them done that quickly!

Hey! I'm kind of late! New to the forum, but I submitted my application on 10/8 and it was verified on 10/27! Took less than 3 weeks :)

Hopefull they keep getting them done that quickly!
Oh good!!! I submitted mine last Wednesday and I'm checking everyday like a crazy person!
I wonder how long it takes for schools to review once the GPA is calculated...

Oh good!!! I submitted mine last Wednesday and I'm checking everyday like a crazy person!

The piece my schools were waiting for was my PCAT and I heard from both a few hours after they received my scores. Do it can be pretty quick, but I imagine it could take a few weeks too if there's a lot of apps to review.

The piece my schools were waiting for was my PCAT and I heard from both a few hours after they received my scores. Do it can be pretty quick, but I imagine it could take a few weeks too if there's a lot of apps to review.
Oh that's good! I already have my PCAT, LORs, and transcripts in.. just waiting for the GPA to be calculated.

Oh that's good! I already have my PCAT, LORs, and transcripts in.. just waiting for the GPA to be calculated.
Normally it takes you 3 weeks for pharmcas verify ur gpa! If pharmcas didnt receive ur transcript, it will tKe longer than 3 weeks!

It can take up to 5 weeks for PharmCAS to verify but hopefully it won't be that long.

Yes I'm worried about that too! I haven't heard back from any yet and I've turned in all supplemental materials already also!

Hey guys,

Did anyone else's gpa get verified? I submitted on 10/19 and haven't heard anything... getting anxious. Thanks.

I submitted oct 20 and got it verified today nov 4

I submitted oct 20 and got it verified today nov 4

when did they receive your transcripts?

I submitted mine on the 11th and my transcripts were received on the 21st.

My transcripts had been in the system since October 6

Can somebody please help me!! :(

When entering in pharmcas coursework, I realized I made a mistake and flipped the course title with the course prefix and number. Both are correctly name and grammatically fine, They are just in the wrong spots. The prefix is in the course name and the course name is in the prefix.. someone please tell me pharmcas would let this go and not undeliver my app?? Should I call them? I am so stressed out

Did anyone have pharmcas input the class/grades ? How long did it take? and how long after that to get verified??

My application just got verified this morning. :happy::happy:

When ur e submit? And transcript received?
Mine is on 10-21, anf transcripted receive on 10-6, but but not veryfied yet

When schools have a cut off for their GPA do they look at your current GPA or will they consider it after your Spring classes are finished? For example, I am applying to a school with a 12-1 deadline, their cutoff is a 3.0 and right now i've got a 2.7 at worst and still taking about 30 more credits by the spring semester.