did something kinda foolish. need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

user12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so here's my deal. I took the mcat a month ago. Walking out of it, I felt like I could have done better... and rather than wait a month for the score, I just went ahead and signed up to take another one right away. Which I did. BUT THEN I STILL didn't feel like I did well enough because there was a disturbance in my testing center when I took it (which was total bull crap by the way), so I signed up for ANOTHER ONE which is tomorrow. today I got my score back from the first test and it was a 34... which, you know, I obviously wasn't expecting. now, clearly, there's nothing I can do about that second test, which likely wont be as good as the first, but whatever. my question is.... since I already paid the $325 and there is NO WAY im getting a refund at this point... should I take the exam tomorrow and have it scored? or just say screw it and let it go? im almost too happy with the 34 to be upset about the $325. but I am PRIMED for this test tomorrow, ive been studying non-stop since the last one. I don't know if it's worth it. what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

You were already foolish once, don't do it again.

Absolutely under no circumstance take the exam again.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright so here's my deal. I took the mcat a month ago. Walking out of it, I felt like I could have done better... and rather than wait a month for the score, I just went ahead and signed up to take another one right away. Which I did. BUT THEN I STILL didn't feel like I did well enough because there was a disturbance in my testing center when I took it (which was total bull crap by the way), so I signed up for ANOTHER ONE which is tomorrow. today I got my score back from the first test and it was a 34... which, you know, I obviously wasn't expecting. now, clearly, there's nothing I can do about that second test, which likely wont be as good as the first, but whatever. my question is.... since I already paid the $325 and there is NO WAY im getting a refund at this point... should I take the exam tomorrow and have it scored? or just say screw it and let it go? im almost too happy with the 34 to be upset about the $325. but I am PRIMED for this test tomorrow, ive been studying non-stop since the last one. I don't know if it's worth it. what do you think?

No way. Let it go. Do not take it again.

got it. I called the site up and cancelled. looks like im not getting that amazon gift card