1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Did The Princeton Review just screw me?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by RPedigo, May 16, 2007.

1. RPedigo

Physician Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Hey everyone,

I was told that people who had taken the Princeton Review course would have unlimited access to the CBT exams. I took the course last summer, and have been using the student tools to take the AAMC and TPR CBT diagnostics.

Now I log into student tools-- and they've pulled them!

I only had the verbal section in AAMC 10 to take, but I don't understand why they have removed the tests. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Surf Rx

7+ Year Member

I was under the impression that we only have them for one year.

4. RPedigo

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Hmmm, if that is the case, they still owe me one month of exam access. I'll try to find some literature regarding it; I'm taking my exam in 9 days, so I'd like it sooner rather than later. Thanks!

5. DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Call the general number for Princeton Review and talk to IT support. I think you have a glitch in your log-in. Usually the test materials stay for a year from my experience.

6. Shrike

Shrike Lanius examinatianus
    10+ Year Member

I don't know the details -- it's not my area -- but I've always thought access was open for six months from the conclusion of course. If other students are seeing a year, it probably is a year; it's not uncommon for a technical gremlin to mess with your login, and that's probably what happened. Regardless the reason, though, all you need to do is call the office and ask. They can fix it, and almost certainly will even if you're not technically supposed to have access any more.

In general, the way to get something from Princeton Review is to ask for it. In my five years with the company I have learned that there is no rule that cannot be broken, so even if what you want is against the rules, asking for it may get it for you. And often it isn't against the rules; it's just that there was a miscommunication or somebody has forgotten something.

So often I hear people complaining about something we've done, or not done. This happens even in our office, where I know we will do anything we reasonably can, rules or no rules, to make our students happy. (The size of my office's MCAT program gives us flexibility other offices don't have.) Usually, all they needed to do was ask. We can't fix a problem we don't know about.

7. RPedigo

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Thanks for the insight-- I got it fixed :D

Good luck everyone!