Did The Princeton Review just screw me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RPedigo

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was told that people who had taken the Princeton Review course would have unlimited access to the CBT exams. I took the course last summer, and have been using the student tools to take the AAMC and TPR CBT diagnostics.

Now I log into student tools-- and they've pulled them!

I only had the verbal section in AAMC 10 to take, but I don't understand why they have removed the tests. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, if that is the case, they still owe me one month of exam access. I'll try to find some literature regarding it; I'm taking my exam in 9 days, so I'd like it sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Call the general number for Princeton Review and talk to IT support. I think you have a glitch in your log-in. Usually the test materials stay for a year from my experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know the details -- it's not my area -- but I've always thought access was open for six months from the conclusion of course. If other students are seeing a year, it probably is a year; it's not uncommon for a technical gremlin to mess with your login, and that's probably what happened. Regardless the reason, though, all you need to do is call the office and ask. They can fix it, and almost certainly will even if you're not technically supposed to have access any more.

In general, the way to get something from Princeton Review is to ask for it. In my five years with the company I have learned that there is no rule that cannot be broken, so even if what you want is against the rules, asking for it may get it for you. And often it isn't against the rules; it's just that there was a miscommunication or somebody has forgotten something.

So often I hear people complaining about something we've done, or not done. This happens even in our office, where I know we will do anything we reasonably can, rules or no rules, to make our students happy. (The size of my office's MCAT program gives us flexibility other offices don't have.) Usually, all they needed to do was ask. We can't fix a problem we don't know about.

Call the general number for Princeton Review and talk to IT support. I think you have a glitch in your log-in. Usually the test materials stay for a year from my experience.

I don't know the details -- it's not my area -- but I've always thought access was open for six months from the conclusion of course. If other students are seeing a year, it probably is a year; it's not uncommon for a technical gremlin to mess with your login, and that's probably what happened. Regardless the reason, though, all you need to do is call the office and ask. They can fix it, and almost certainly will even if you're not technically supposed to have access any more.

In general, the way to get something from Princeton Review is to ask for it. In my five years with the company I have learned that there is no rule that cannot be broken, so even if what you want is against the rules, asking for it may get it for you. And often it isn't against the rules; it's just that there was a miscommunication or somebody has forgotten something.

So often I hear people complaining about something we've done, or not done. This happens even in our office, where I know we will do anything we reasonably can, rules or no rules, to make our students happy. (The size of my office's MCAT program gives us flexibility other offices don't have.) Usually, all they needed to do was ask. We can't fix a problem we don't know about.

Thanks for the insight-- I got it fixed :D

Good luck everyone!