Did this happen to anyone else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axylotl

Misocapnist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for the past two days I have been getting a call from "Unknown Number." I finally was around to answer my phone and it was a phone survey about graduate school. Then, they started asking me about UNECOM and how I rank aspects of UNECOM as I apply to school. Did anyone else get this call?

Just thought it was weird...

PS: TUCOM-Ca should be sending out packets regarding interviews next week and PCOM said they are in the process of going through supplementals and will be notifying applicants of completeness/missing materials.

Thought I'd share that with anyone who was interested!
:D

Members don't see this ad.

ahhh, i've been getting all from an unknown number for the past week! i never answered though. hmmm, i wonder if i should. what do you think it means? seems fishy.

ahhh, i've been getting all from an unknown number for the past week! i never answered though. hmmm, i wonder if i should. what do you think it means? seems fishy.

Who knows...hopefully its not like a secret survery to determine who really wants to go to UNECOM. Guess I'll find out soon enough!:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it too!

Who knows...hopefully its not like a secret survery to determine who really wants to go to UNECOM. Guess I'll find out soon enough!:confused:

I got the same call and finally went ahead and answered the survey. They didn't ask me anything about UNECOM until the very end. Hope it wasn't UNECOM really calling...that would be bad...:D:laugh:

Thanks for the info about TOURO-CA!

I never got that last year but when I got both my interview and acceptance from DCOM the number just said "Call". So from here on out if it says call or unknown number I would answer it just in case.

I haven't got that call but I have got a lot of wrong numbers from weird area codes. Everytime i see a strange area code calling i get excited thinking it's an interview invite just to be let down when it's some man speaking spanish asking for Jose (who is jose!!!>>).

UNE is doing a massive survey done by an outside agency to determine how they are perceived. (and this is definitely necessary, let me tell you - their advertising/promotion department is outrageously overpaid.)

you can feel free to answer the survery completely honestly. I am, however, rather shocked they would have given out applicant's phone numbers. I would definitely complain if you are offended or feeling harassed.

UNE is doing a massive survey done by an outside agency to determine how they are perceived. (and this is definitely necessary, let me tell you - their advertising/promotion department is outrageously overpaid.)

you can feel free to answer the survery completely honestly. I am, however, rather shocked they would have given out applicant's phone numbers. I would definitely complain if you are offended or feeling harassed.

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, ShyRem. It didn't bother me. It didn't take much time and the woman I spoke with was very nice.

I got a call from them too, and I had just asked for info on UNE's PA program when I was applying to PA school--never actually sent in an app.

Because I'm already going to a different school most of the questions seemed rather pointless, but I had to answer all of them anyways. My favorite one was: When choosing a school how important is it for the campus to be on the waterfront!?

Oh well.

I've been getting a ton of unknown number calls, most I ignore, I have picked up twice and no one was on the other end of the line though...

I hope if they call to offer an interview they would at least leave a vm!

hey guys - got the same survey - general stuff then une questions. so i said, "obviously une is sponsoring this survey" and the rep said "well maybe, but i don't know - and your answers are totally anonymous." but i also thought it was weird, considering we are in the process of applying right now. i was thinking perhaps i received the call because i created a login or "customized" my visit to the unecom website. i think when i did that, i entered my address and phone number. but i wouldn't worry 'bout it....

Members don't see this ad :)
Im scared to answer blocked numbers because I owe bank atlantic like 90 bucks!

When I applied, all interview invites I received were via email. Acceptances, OTOH, were given via email, regular mail, and phone calls.

I hear your credit score dropping as we speak. Go work a shift as a server/pizza deliverer and pay that garbage. :D

My credit score cant get any lower.....plus im not paying out of principle. They charged me 30 for evry month I didnt have over a 50$ balance.

My credit score cant get any lower.....plus im not paying out of principle. They charged me 30 for evry month I didnt have over a 50$ balance.

Could you just close that account and open up a free checking account? I know that if you are a student a lot of banks have deals where they can get free checking because they know we are poor and it is difficult to maintain a balance of more than 50$ consistently throughout the year. I guess if you closed the account though you would have to pay the 90$. Oh well. :)

Could you just close that account and open up a free checking account? I know that if you are a student a lot of banks have deals where they can get free checking because they know we are poor and it is difficult to maintain a balance of more than 50$ consistently throughout the year. I guess if you closed the account though you would have to pay the 90$. Oh well. :)

yeah in order to close I would have to fork over the cash, it just seems hard with all these dang secondaries

That doesn't sound like a great plan to be honest. Are you interested in trying to get GradPlus loans or anything other than Stafford?

That doesn't sound like a great plan to be honest. Are you interested in trying to get GradPlus loans or anything other than Stafford?

Honestly, I was just being humorous. My credit score isnt in the dumpster like I make it sound to be. Appreciate the concern though!

I got the call and I just went "Honestly, I applied to an ungodly amount of schools because I felt like it. No real though went into my decision"

Then she hung up.

I might've been lying, but it worked.

Got the call and aswered all her questions on Satudray morning. Interruped my morning cartoons!