Did You Ace Your Step 1?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icebreakers

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a second year about to start studying for the boards. I've basically passed my classes in the first two years...with a bit of struggling in the second half of my second year.

I'm going to be taking some time off my third year due to remediation exams (giving me about 8+ wks to study), so i'll be appearing in august.

I was wondering (since i'm interested in getting into ortho), what type of plan/advice could you give me so that I could do much more than pass this exam. Keep in mind that I 'passed' my classes and i'm not that good at standardized tests...my mcat was 9,9,10.

I basically am hoping that someone could give me a list (since I have the time) of things to do (read A,B,C...do questions from X,Y,Z) that would enable me to rock the boards. I'm a bit underconfident b/c of this year already.

all advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Have you read through all the past threads on step I? This issue has been discussed in detail numerous times.

There are a lot of suggestions that have been posted in those threads. Do a search (or just go through all the threads one by one) and you'll get some excellent advice.

Good luck with boards!

I don't think there is any correlation between MCAT and step 1. I got a 9, 9, 10 when i took the mcat the first time and I got a 243 on step 1. But then again, I barely studied for the MCAT and I studied quite a bit for Step 1. Maybe there is a correlation between the MCAT and Step 2 since step 2 questions are long and not quite as cut and dry.

globulin, congrats on your great board score...mind if I ask how long you studied for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by globulin
I don't think there is any correlation between MCAT and step 1. I got a 9, 9, 10 when i took the mcat the first time and I got a 243 on step 1. But then again, I barely studied for the MCAT and I studied quite a bit for Step 1. Maybe there is a correlation between the MCAT and Step 2 since step 2 questions are long and not quite as cut and dry.

Perhaps there is a correlation between how much one studies for an exam, and how well one does...?

Wow Celiac Plexus...thanks for your insight. I never would have thought about that :rolleyes:

Kcrd...I studied for 4 weeks about 5 hours a day. I used First Aid and Board Review Series and Q bank.