Did you do better or worse than you thought on the real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

go1981

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know for those who have already got their scores back, did you do better or worse than you thought? now this doesn't mean your dream score, but what you honestly, realistically expected after you weighed in your past performances on the NBME, Kaplan Q bank, the free USMLE questions, how you felt after taking the test, and your natural test-taking ability. and i also don't mean what that score predictor thingy told you. i mean what you HONESTLY and REALISTICALLY thought your score would be after much thought and consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

i've always scored very well on standardized tests, so it was somewhat disappointing to not see myself at the top of this one. you reap what you sow on this one -- while being a gunner may not pay off in life or relationships, it does pay off in this one, restricted arena.

Trying to be a gunner did NOT pay off for me on Step 1 for some reason - and I'd say i'm a good test taker as well. At least I can answer a lot of pimping questions on the wards though!