1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you do better or worse than you thought on the real thing?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by go1981, Jul 24, 2006.

?

Did you do better or worse than you expected on the real thing?

1. Better than expected

41 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Worse than expected

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  3. Within a couple of points of what i expected

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. go1981

go1981 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I wanted to know for those who have already got their scores back, did you do better or worse than you thought? now this doesn't mean your dream score, but what you honestly, realistically expected after you weighed in your past performances on the NBME, Kaplan Q bank, the free USMLE questions, how you felt after taking the test, and your natural test-taking ability. and i also don't mean what that score predictor thingy told you. i mean what you HONESTLY and REALISTICALLY thought your score would be after much thought and consideration.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bubb Rubb

Bubb Rubb Woo woo!
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i've always scored very well on standardized tests, so it was somewhat disappointing to not see myself at the top of this one. you reap what you sow on this one -- while being a gunner may not pay off in life or relationships, it does pay off in this one, restricted arena.

4. enlighten me.

enlighten me. Junior Member

Medical Student
    Trying to be a gunner did NOT pay off for me on Step 1 for some reason - and I'd say i'm a good test taker as well. At least I can answer a lot of pimping questions on the wards though!