Did you ever find the VR sections on the actual MCAT interesting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrshumMurshum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find any of the articles interesting on the actual MCAT? As I'm going through the AAMCs and the EK 101 I occasionally find a passage that I actually find interesting and find my score increases on those passages.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ever find any of the articles interesting on the actual MCAT? As I'm going through the AAMCs and the EK 101 I occasionally find a passage that I actually find interesting and find my score increases on those passages.

1was FOR ME (where I was actually like WOW that's cool - there were two others that were kinda interesting stuff though). Also the incredibly hard humanities, social sciences, art stuff, history stuff isn't on the mcat. The have become more /moderately/ challenging instead of intense. So those uninteresting dense passages aren't as hard to read but the questions are still rough.

Yes.

This is quite common. It's the dry, dull passages that tend to be the most challenging for some, myself included.

If it deals with politics or public policy I'm snoring after the first paragraph.

Try and make the uninteresting passages interest you. Pretend you're on a first date with the passage and you really want to win it over but it continuously talks about boring things. You'd probably at least pretend to be interested. That's how I picture it. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I would actually say that I did find some of the passages quite interesting. While I did get the usual humanity passages on the theory of literature or art that I don't usually care too much for, I remember at least 2 passages now that were sort of scientific/experimental regarding interesting and/or relatable topics. They had a logical flow, with premises laid out, experiments conducted, and conclusions drawn, and I actually thought the results were kind of cool, assuming they were true. But as was mentioned, I think trying to be interested in what the text is saying is a good strategy. This goes in hand with being awake and active during the test, and also having the PS section not bother you too much.

My entire VR section was interesting.

Don't listen to Med, he gets off to reading his collection of books on the many theories on how Christopher Columbus tied his shoes. He especially likes it when they start talking about the thickness and length of the strings Christopher might have used. Trust me I know, I had to share a bunk with him at summer camp last year - lets just say he had to change his sheets daily and the one time I stole his book he cried himself to sleep while crying out materials that are used to make shoes laces randomly.

So he isn't a good person to ask. ;)

Sorry for telling this story Med, it needed to be told. I still enjoyed you being my bunk mate. It just had to be told. No hard feelings.