Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Did you ever regret choosing Stanford over Harvard NP?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by viking1224, Apr 21, 2004.

1. viking1224

viking1224 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi!

I am hoping that a few Stanford medical students out there would be willing to discuss their satisfaction with the program. I am deciding between Stanford and Harvard, and I feel I could be very happy at either place. The rankings have never meant much to me (and besides, both schools are top ten), but I know that the majority of applicants in this position choose HMS. I am leaning towards Stanford for its weather, flexibility, superior financial aid, and general atmosphere.

If you made this decision in favor of Stanford, please tell me whether or not you would do it again. I want to go with my gut, but I don't want to end up in a program full of people that pine for what might have been (I detected an unpleasant and totally unnecessary hint of HMS-envy during my interview day at Stanford -- was this the exception or the rule?).

Thank you very much for your advice! :)

viking

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Woohoo! Not going to Cornell eh? I hope you are a white male :)

JK

I think I'd choose Stanford over Harvard too...

4. ice_23

ice_23 Economics Monster
    7+ Year Member

Hey viking,

Talk to harps. He's not a current med student, but he got into harvard, stanford, and ucsf, and from his sig, it seems like he's only considering stanford or ucsf. So maybe you can talk to him to see why he's making his decision.

Also, he's a baller. :)

-Ice

5. viking1224

viking1224 Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, and Yes. :laugh: I hope they give you the position at WMC, Eraserhead! It's an AWESOME school, but I don't see myself being happy in NYC (I'm an outdoors sort of person). I won't say a single bad thing about Cornell though, it's exceptional in every regard (the best in NYC, and among the top 5 places I visited). Good luck!

viking

6. viking1224

viking1224 Member
    7+ Year Member

Good idea, Ice, I'll pm him.

viking