Did you get this interviewer at Jefferson?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Lily2, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Lily2

Lily2 Member

I heard that Jefferson interviews are generally known as laid-back and most feel good about them. But wouldn't ya know, I got an interviewer, Dr. Zager, that was mean-spirited and probing. It kind of comes down to luck if you get a nice one or not and also if the two of you 'connect', so I'm not asking for sympathy :) , but was wondering if anybody had her as an interviewer and how did you feel about her? It's a shot in the dark, but thought I'd ask you guys.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBlueDevil

Hey!!!

I had Dr. Zager too, but I thought she was quite nice. We both lived in Houston for a while, so we talked about that about half the time. The rest was the usual med school interview stuff. Although....maybe she didn't like me after all, since I got put on the alternate list at Jefferson despite having higher numbers than their averages (and I'm not an ORM or URM, so I don't think that factored in). Ahh well...

4. Lily2

Lily2 Member

DrBlueDevil--thanks for your reply. At least now I have an opinion of her other than my own, which I thank you for. I don't know what it was, but I just felt uncomfortable and like she didn't believe/take seriously what I was saying. But hey, it's gotta happen after all the interviewee stories they've heard yr after yr.

Would you mind if I ask you the month you interviewed and when you heard back?

5. DrSuga

DrSuga Senior Member

Hey,
    Just for additional info...
    I interviewed on Dec. 5th and received an acceptance via snail mail on the 15th.

6. Lily2

Lily2 Member

Wow, you've got skillz, that was a really fast reply from them! I'm impressed. Belated congratulations!