Did You Send Thank-You Notes to Your Interviewers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did You Send Thank You Notes to Your Interviewers?

• Yes, to each and every one

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • Yes, to most all of them

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • Yes, to some

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • No, none at all

Votes: 24 20.5%

• Total voters

Whitney

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious......(I sent to most but not all....sometimes I was just a little lazy about it.....)

Members don't see this ad.

yes its the courteous thing to do

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent them to the interviewers who I enjoyed my conversations with. There were some physicians who I considered to be rather rude and I did not send them thank you notes since I did not like them and the way they talked reflected poorly upon the school.

I'm administrivially challenged. I hate thank-you notes, because it's more useless paperwork. I always send them when applying for jobs, because it's the thing to do, but once I found out a lot of med school applicants don't send them, I decided to cut down on my stress and not do it. Of course, I thanked all my interviewers profusely at the time.

I did send one thank-you note. That school was my sole post-interview rejection (so far; I still have one decision pending). All the places I didn't send notes, I was either accepted or waitlisted. Conclusion: they must not care that much.

lorelei said:
All the places I didn't send notes, I was either accepted or waitlisted. Conclusion: they must not care that much.

If you are thanking them because you think it will have any impact on the process, you are missing the point. It is common courtesy, not a part of the application.