Did you study the night b4 psych GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ny1020

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious as to how many of you studied the night before?

I've been studying steadily for two months and have been told by friends to just relax tonight and not open a book.

Do you think studying the night before makes a big difference? I have no idea and was wondering what you guys thought.....

Members don't see this ad.

I was told the same thing. I ignored the advice and studied until my eyes hurt. I scored a lot better on it than I expected to based on my practice tests, but I doubt studying the night before had a great deal to do with it. If you think you need to unplug your brain for a while, follow the advice!

I studied the day before my GRE, did a practice test, and scored 250 points below what my actual GRE ended up being :). It is amazing what stress can do! It is up to you, I think studying is alright, but I wouldn't be taking practice tests. Then again, a friend told me that (she knows who she is) and I definitely didn't take her advice :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, guys! Yeah, I have a feeling I will ignore her advice, and study, but take it easy. I took a practice test two nights ago and it totally knocked me out.

the night before, have a glass of wine, some fish (Omega 3), and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Good luck!:horns:

I would study if you feel unsure about any of the topics -- it is all about facts and memorizing the info and names. I also studied for a couple of months but then also crammed in as much as I could the night before and morning of. It helped, I answered questions correctly that I learned the night before and I scored very well.

I had to fight my family and friends who insisted that I let it go...But I have to say that studying the night before, I actually read the names of things (people, theories) that were new to me and that I had on my exam the very next morning. My score wasn't as high as I would have liked it, but I suppose it could have been even lower if I had missed those questions. If you're the type- go for it. But as others have posted, don't stay up too late and don't take it too seriously.