Did you use USMLE stuff to prep for part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piko00

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you did, please post which usmle material and comment briefly whether you regret it or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Come on folks.. Close to 50 views and not a single vote.

Please vote if you have a good opinion that you'd like to share. :thumbup:

This can help those of us yet to take Part I.

yes, i consulted the usmle notes for my part 1...........usmle physio notes are great and even micro notes are superb...............rest are ok............i recommend you to go through their physio and micro notes for sure........they are really helpful......

I used a lot of USMLE stuff and it helped a lot. Score was upper 90's. The BRS path isn't enough, but BRS physio was really good and I used the BRS anatomy a little. I think that the BRS physio was probably the most usefull out of them all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't use Kaplan NBDE book, but instead used USMLE lecture notes for step one( Pathology, Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology, Biochemsitry lecture notes)

Plus these books:
1-BRS ( Board Review Series) Microbiology and Immunology.
2-NMS ( National Medical Series for Independent Study) Biochemsitry.
3- Little Brown Book: biochmesitry.
4-Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion by Jeffrey P. P. Okeson: I borrowed this one from UMN library. it is the best for occlusion Q's in the exam.

As you have observed, my weakness is biochem :D .

Well, good luck.

1.) First Aid for USMLE step one was an amazing review for path, phys, biochem. They made a first aid for NBDE part one which I would highly recommend. Full of mnemonics and concise summaries.
2.) Kaplan Book for Dental Anatomy and occlusion
3.) Ridiculously Simple for Microbiology
4.) BRS (Board Review Series) for Gross Anatomy and Physiology
5.) Diggin up the bones for Biochemistry
6.) Dental Decks are great when you are taking a break from hardcore studying. These are enough if you want to pass, but use alternate sources if you wish to score higher.
Good luck everyone.