Did your med school do a background check? If so, when?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelaMedicine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all med schools do background checks? If so, is it after you have been accepted and before the first year? Or before the third year? Also, how can I figure out which ones do this...

Members don't see this ad.

BelaMedicine said:
Do all med schools do background checks? If so, is it after you have been accepted and before the first year? Or before the third year? Also, how can I figure out which ones do this...

FWIW, all will do it before licensing (i.e. before you get to prescribe drugs) if they don't do it at the onset of your schooling. If you have something in your record that will be an impediment to becoming a doctor, it will come out. Best to face it head on rather than try to apply around it.

well i'd like to get an expungement-but i have to wait 3 years for that apparently:(
do you know if it isnt expunged whether it will prevent me from getting a liscense?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my fingerprints taken on interview day. I was told that my acceptance could be revoked if I didnt pass.

I also had my fingerprints taken again as part of a seperate background check during orientation for the VA hospital.

Hi there,
This is a duplicate of a thread in Pre-Allo and I am closing. You can post your answers over there.

njbmd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.