Didn't Finish the 2018 Naplex (June), don't judge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewPharmD123

Reaction score
I took my Naplex and I didn't finish and I had an embarrassing number of questions remaining. What is the most questions you have heard someone not finish and still pass?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure, but I also took it this week. I was able to get thru it but damn, that was super difficult, did not really match RxPrep's format of which focused on adverse reactions/MOAs and also did not match the SDN 120 calculations at all. I hope i passed but not feeling confiedent, good luck to you

You have to answer 225 questions out of 250 to even obtain a score. If you answered less than 225 questions you automatically failed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took the NAPLEX and had a half hour of time extra so I went and had coffee. Felt I should have been done earlier.

You have to answer 225 questions out of 250 to even obtain a score. If you answered less than 225 questions you automatically failed.
That used to be true, but is no longer the case.

However, if you correctly assume that the majority of the 50 "pre-test" questions that don't count are in the first 100 questions, that automatically means OP missed 25 out of 200 questions.

I took the NAPLEX and had a half hour of time extra so I went and had coffee. Felt I should have been done earlier.

Finished it in like 4 hours. LOL.

I don't understand how anyone cannot finish and at least pass the naplex. Its no surprise its coming you know about it for four years and have studied your butt off for four years, you can review during your rotations. Then schedule an exam and keep reviewing until your test date. I would take the night off and do something relaxing then go in the next day and smash the test.

Reactions: 5 users
I took my Naplex and I didn't finish and I had an embarrassing number of questions remaining. What is the most questions you have heard someone not finish and still pass?
Did you pass? I am in the boat today and feel like crap!

I don't understand how anyone cannot finish and at least pass the naplex.

The problem is with schools who admit students who are capable of learning the material (but graduate them anyway), and with schools that don't teach a good pharmacy curriculum.

Reactions: 1 users
I was in the same boat as you last year. Feel free to message me for more advice on what I used. I may even be able to help give you pointers on ways I studied. After getting additional help myself, I not only passed with flying colors, I also had plenty of time once I knew how to approach the questions.

Best of luck!
What source you used? How long you prepared for naplex? Also, I can't PM you. There is no option PM under your profile. Idk why. Can you PM me on your advice. TIA

I've confirmed this to be false. Perhaps you may need to answer 225 questions minimal to have a chance of passing as I've heard you're heavily penalized the more questions you leave unanswered.

this may not be smart.... took me 2 seconds to find out who you are (out of curiosity) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You've all quoted him now and even if he realizes that wasn't a smart decision it's much harder to revoke that information