didn't put future coursework on AMCAS - big problem? minor annoyance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b-real

What, me worry?
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't paying attention and forgot to include Fall 2004 courses. How big of a problem is this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

b-real said:
Yeah I wasn't paying attention and forgot to include Fall 2004 courses. How big of a problem is this? Thanks!
Well, I think that you are probably going to have to send update letters to each of the schools you apply, with the courses you plan on taking for fall 2004. Although, I would probably advise calling all of them to see what they recommend that you do. Because at this point, AMCAS is not going to let you cahnge anything except address or the schools you want to apply to.

hmm. i didnt put my fall quarter classes down either. is it that important?

Members don't see this ad :)
dogbyte said:
You guess would probably be as good as anyone elses around here (unless there are a few adcoms members lurking around)...this is why I say call the admissions depts.

I spoke with my pre-med advisor in June about whether or not I have to include my fall '04 schedule. She said to just put up till spring '04. So you should be fine for amcas, there is no way every students schedule in june will remain the same for the fall semester, I know i'll be making some changes.
Individual schools tell you on their secondary if they want midterm transcripts.

hey b-real, are you a cypress hill fan?

I'm not really a CH fan, but when I was younger, my friend (who is a CH fan) and I would goof around on online bulletin boards under this name. It just kinda stuck.

dogbyte said:

oops, neither did i...didnt know i was supposed to. i figured it didnt matter since i already finished all my pre-med requirements anyways.