Didn't take High school physics-can this hurt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonia1177

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

im going to be junior in college in the fall. However, I didn't take High School Physics and have had NO experience with Physics before so im slightly worried about going into it. do you think this can really harm me in the long run? I noticed that college chemistry was NOTHING like high school chemistry, is college physics anything like high school physics? I never took AP Chem in high school and struggled with Gen Chem 1 (gen chem 2 went well though once I got the hang over everything), and I don't want to struggle too much with Physics.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
youll be fine.. i didn't take physics and still got A's

There are numerous people who enter college physics without having high school courses- just know that with Physics you need to work a lot of problems and understand how to rearrange equations so as long as you are willing to put in the time to study you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never took physics until college, and that class sucked. I officially hate physics, but I still was able to get A's...just had to study a lot. It's definitely doable. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

You'll have to work harder than the people who have already been exposed to physics

All you need to know is geometry and algebra. My physics class was very easy for me, it was just what numbers do I have and what equations do I need to use to get my answer. Plug and chug.

i think you'll be fine. I think a lot of us take it as seniors in high school and at that time we're too busy or don't care enough to learn most of it. I certainly didn't understand much beyond calculating distance with relation to velocity and acceleration. I will never understand how I got a 4 on the AP exam....

You're fine. I started college with just a GED.