Difference between B and B+

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedude777

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So got my orgo 2 grade back and I'm pretty annoyed because I got a B but I missed a B+ by literally 5 points. While I realize that the difference between the two will be minimal in terms of my overall GPA, would it really look that different to adcoms either way? I just feel like they might look at orgo more closely than other classes. Also, becuase I didn't do so hot in orgo 1 (C), I wanted to improve as much as possible. While a B is an improvement, a B+ would obviously be a bigger improvement. Or am I just unnecessarily worrying about this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're screwed.

Reactions: 1 users
The difference is the "+". Adcoms probably won't care. I was only asked about my grades once and I have a few B's, a B+, and a C *GASP*.

You're screwed.
To say the least. Have you thought about grade replacement -> DO or SMP?

.. you're fine :) I doubt in the long run it's going to make a difference, especially if you'll be taking other upper level science classes in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
See bold. Time for some Xanax.

Hey Everyone,

So got my orgo 2 grade back and I'm pretty annoyed because I got a B but I missed a B+ by literally 5 points. While I realize that the difference between the two will be minimal in terms of my overall GPA, would it really look that different to adcoms either way? I just feel like they might look at orgo more closely than other classes. Also, becuase I didn't do so hot in orgo 1 (C), I wanted to improve as much as possible. While a B is an improvement, a B+ would obviously be a bigger improvement. Or am I just unnecessarily worrying about this? Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Haha thanks everyone for the reassurement. I honestly wouldn't really care too much had I gotten a solid B, I just regret it more because I was so close. But either way, there's no use worrying about it now.

have a beer with your buddies.