Difference between MGH's Categorical 4-year residency program and its Advanced 3-year program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clearskies101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between MGH's (and Brigham and Women's Hospital) four-year categorical residency program for anesthesiology and its Advanced 3-year advanced program for anesthesiology?

What kind of differences does it make if one takes the advanced 3-year program for anesthesiology as opposed to the 4-year categorical program?

P.S. My apologies if this question has already been answered.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a pre-med student, so I'm a bit new to all of this.

If one takes part in a 3-year advanced anesthesiology program as opposed to a four-year categorical program, does that mean that one would finish his/her residency one year sooner or not, especially in MGH?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a pre-med student, so I'm a bit new to all of this.

If one takes part in a 3-year advanced anesthesiology program as opposed to a four-year categorical program, does that mean that one would finish his/her residency one year sooner or not, especially in MGH?

good god slow down. youre a premed and youre worrying about harvards anesthesia residency?

the 3 year advanced just means that they dont provide the base year. You have to do it somewhere else. So, you could go to emory and do a 1 year internship, then your 3 years at harvard. either way, its still 4 years to complete an anesthesia residency. one way you do 4 years at the same institution, the other you do 1 somewhere and 3 somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.