• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Cardiodoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2002
North Carolina
Status (Visible)
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is anyway someone can tell me what passages were taken out of the old AAMC paper version (3R-8R) to make the new CBT. I have the old version and would like to simulate the experience of the CBT as far as number of questions and time by modifying what I have to match the newer CBT exams. I would like know exactly the passages that were kept for verbal, biological sciences and physical sciences for as many exams as possible.I cannot afford to purchase the CBT ones and would like to make due with what i have. I would greatly appreciate anybody help. hope to hear from someone soon.

BerkReviewTeach

Company Rep & Bad Singer
Vendor
10+ Year Member
May 25, 2007
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is anyway someone can tell me what passages were taken out of the old AAMC paper version (3R-8R) to make the new CBT. I have the old version and would like to simulate the experience of the CBT as far as number of questions and time by modifying what I have to match the newer CBT exams. I would like know exactly the passages that were kept for verbal, biological sciences and physical sciences for as many exams as possible.I cannot afford to purchase the CBT ones and would like to make due with what i have. I would greatly appreciate anybody help. hope to hear from someone soon.

What you might want to do is go to the Q and A forum and look up the individual threads on AAMC exams 4-8. Exam 3 is free at AAMC, so you can go directly to their website and take that exam. Once in the threads for the five tests you are curious about, list the passage topics (you cannot post specific questions) you have on your legally obtained booklet versions. It will take some work on your part to list about 31 passage topics x 5, but in the end you'll know what passages were carried over to the revised practice exams from AAMC.

Also, by you spending the couple hours typing out the topic list, you'll be more likely to get a reply, because all someone has to do is say yes or no to the topic. That's easier than asking them to list 105 differenent passage topics with question numbers, etc...

In the end, hopefully you do all of the AAMC materials available to you, because it's all good practice.

Cardiodoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2002
North Carolina
Status (Visible)
Thank you BerkReviewTeach for your suggestion, that's probably the best way to do it.It's going to take some time to type up all the passages but it is worth the effort, like you said it still is good practice to have those extra passages.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.