Difference between Tier 1, 2, and Dental Clinic Assignments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hertwigs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently looking on the Army's Human Resources Command Website and came across a list of projected available assignments for 2012 and 2013. They are listed under three columns. Tier 1, Tier 2, and Dental Clinic Commands. What's the difference between the three? Can anyone out of dental school go to any category or do some require the AEGD or more experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently looking on the Army's Human Resources Command Website and came across a list of projected available assignments for 2012 and 2013. They are listed under three columns. Tier 1, Tier 2, and Dental Clinic Commands. What's the difference between the three? Can anyone out of dental school go to any category or do some require the AEGD or more experience?

Hello,

You can essentially "work" at any of the locations...those are for "command." The tiers relate to the level of command, relating to size/population. Coming straight out of school, that does not relate to you.

Hope that helps,

Eric

Due to the number and geographic diversity of the locations available each year, they will not list what is available on the website. You will have to wait until Winter time of your senior year to begin discussing assignments that are available that upcoming summer when you graduate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you tell me where on the website you found the information for possible base assignments ?
Thanks