difference between university of Houston and University of Houston-Downtown?..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AUS4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any input would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Huh, can't believe there weren't any replies.

University of Houston Main Campus and University of Houston - Downtown are considered two separate universities (similar to the UT school system), meaning you'll have to request transcript transfers between the two.

University of Houston - Downtown is a lot smaller than University of Houston Main Campus.

UHD mainly serves undergraduates and offer 4-year degrees. They're starting to expand into higher level education, but mainly, it's for undergraduates. UH though serves three times the number of people and offer a lot more bachelor's and master's degrees as well as a handful of post-doctoral degrees. UHD is comprised of five buildings (though most of the classes are situated in one). UH has a heck of a lot more and is big enough to require a shuttle bus system and service whereas UHD is not.

Thanks docere someone finally replied. I will be relocating houston for the spring semester and uhd has given me more credits towards the biology degree versus uh main campus ,sofar. plus uhd staff/faculty seem much more accessible in terms of questions and issues that a incoming student may face. As of today , uh main campus is like a brickwall in terms of getting important info, regarding how many credits will transfer towards my degree.

I am a junior at UHD. I don't recommend UHD due to many factors...not many science-related majors offered...many UL science courses are opened only once a year and only one class offered. Because of my schedule conflict, I will transfer to UH main campus next semester. Although I am able to transfer more credits from CC to UHD than UH main campus. But I don't care. I will get a chane to study what I am interested in next semester.