differences in mcat books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shepherd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anybody tell me what are the differences between the kaplan mcat book in most bookstores and the current kaplan lesson book that is given to students who sign up for the course?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I have both...The Kaplan class gives you all of the review material that would be present in the book you got from the bookstore...but in addition they teach you the most important concepts in a classroom and teach you how to apply the knowledge MCAT-style. The review in the book from the store is too in depth and does not differentiate between what is more important to know and what is not.

no i dunno about that - the one you buy in the store has the exact same material as the science and verbal books that kaplan gives you. the only thing you don't get is the arguable useless notes book and of course, their entire training library. but as far as content they are word for word the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, thats what I said, they give you the same comprehensive review material but do not emphasize in the book which concepts are more frequently tested than others. In the course, you receive a lesson book that "filters" out the material that is less likely to be tested and really focuses on the formulas and ideas which are more prevelant on the test.

Ok, thanks for the info