Different Editions of Examkrackers Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

laurenv

Can anyone tell me if the editions of the examkrackers books are much different for each other? I was thinking of buying a 2001 edition, but I'm not sure if it is out of date of if the 5th edition books are much better. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

laurenv said:
Can anyone tell me if the editions of the examkrackers books are much different for each other? I was thinking of buying a 2001 edition, but I'm not sure if it is out of date of if the 5th edition books are much better. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hi,
I have an older edition of EK and I noticed that it had many errors in it. You may want to purchase a newer version.

I agree even if it'll cost more your better off getting the newer edition which is the 5th edition for now, I have them and am an April 05 Mcater, although are you able to wait until the 6th edition comes out? Rumor is around SDN land they may come out in November, but newer editions are always best,:0) you have less to worry about.

you want to buy the newest version - there have been significant changes in MCAT format and content since 2001 - it is worth the extra $$$ to get the latest edition of any MCAT study guide.

You can check the examkrackers.com website and call them to find out the date for the next edition. As long as you get 5th ed or later, you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the 3rd edition of Chemistry before buying the complete 5th edition. There wasn't that much difference. The 5th was just more colorful. One big advantage, is that the EK website offers PhDs that answer questions about problems in the current editions. I found that truly helpful.
The 5th (04) edition will not be updated so it will be current for all of '05.

This is taken directly from Examkrackers.com

Topic: 6th Edition Books - Release Date
Forum: Jordan's Corner - June

Jordan Z

Replies: 1
Views: 42
Forum: Jordan's Corner - June Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:06 am Subject: Re: 6th Edition Books - Release Date
mschimi,

We will continue to sell the 5th edition books through 2005. As we didn't see a need to improve on those books, we have decided (for the first time in our history) not to improve upon them ...
Topic: 6th Edition Books - Release Date
Forum: Jordan's Corner - June

mschimi

Replies: 1
Views: 42
Forum: Jordan's Corner - June Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:01 pm Subject: 6th Edition Books - Release Date
Hi,

Is there a definitive release month/date for the 6th Edition Books? Will they be released before the end of 2004?

Please let me know. I am holding off on buying the books until the new set i ...

I wouldn't get the 2001 versions anyway because they use the old MCAT format and I believe that since then they have added more genetics questions and removed some organic so that being said if you go with the 2001 edition you may not get all the correct topics covered

They really are great books. They are concise, but in an exact hitting the nail on the head sentence after sentence sort of way. They are was light in your nap scack, affordable, funny, & have good graphics & production values. I really liked having a PhD answer any question posted to the bulletin board. (You have to refer to a page number & question #; therby showing you bought their book). I give them a lot of credit for my big improvement from June diagonistic to August test. :thumbup: :thumbup: But yea, you want the 5th edition.