different forms = different test??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med_malpractice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was under the impression that the actual content of all the forms were the same, only the arrangement of the material presented was scrambled. Also i was reading on another thread that your score is only averaged with the scores of other people who had the same form as you. Can anyone enlighten me?

Members don't see this ad.

med_malpractice said:
i was under the impression that the actual content of all the forms were the same, only the arrangement of the material presented was scrambled. Also i was reading on another thread that your score is only averaged with the scores of other people who had the same form as you. Can anyone enlighten me?

Totally different usually.

med_malpractice said:

Nope... there are a bunch of different forms.... as I understand it those with the same first letter have the same questions but in different orders depending on the second letter.... however those with different first letters have different tests all together....

You're graded against people that had the same passages as you

supafield said:
Nope... there are a bunch of different forms.... as I understand it those with the same first letter have the same questions but in different orders depending on the second letter.... however those with different first letters have different tests all together....

wow..icic thanks.. hopefully there weren't a grip of geniuses that had my form.. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
supafield said:

Are you sure?

The EM folks thought the verbal was really tough (myself included), but EG thought is was easy... By your rules, they should have the same questions.

Kikaku21 said:
Are you sure?

The EM folks thought the verbal was really tough (myself included), but EG thought is was easy... By your rules, they should have the same questions.

I'm not sure... but I've talked to a lot of other F'ers haha that seemed to have the same questions I did.... maybe there are slight variations.... but that was what I thought....

NO ONE on EARTH could have possibly thought they did well on form EM verbal. You may be inclined to argue this point, but if so, you are WRONG. :D

It seems they equate test forms, so looks like all the August examinees will be graded together. Probably to satisfy their statistical instincts, they also compare the median, sd, etc. with a previous administration.

Probably they give extra weight to a tougher test form. Test Form 1 = 1.001 * Test Form 2.

Here's where I got the above information from ("How are MCAT scores derived and reported?", page 6).