nvrsumr

15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2002
na.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey
This question is for anyone applying to or who is in a specialty that requires a seperate PGY1 year ie. prelim med or transitional year.

Did you send out seperate and different personal statements, LORs to the PGY1 programs you applied for?

If you did -what did you say? I love prelim IM/transitional year thats why I want to do RADs/GAS/PM&R??

Im more confused than usual!
Thanks.

nvrsumr

15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2002
na.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Cuts

Great minds think alike-some are a little faster though.

What did you do with LORs? Did you include any that made mention of your wanting to be a Rad?

About the Ads

ApacheIndian

philomath
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
Earth
Originally posted by nvrsumr
Cuts

Great minds think alike-some are a little faster though.

What did you do with LORs? Did you include any that made mention of your wanting to be a Rad?

lol... so far I have 2 Rads-specific LoRs and 2 generic LoRs. I sent the Rads specific LoRs and the stronger generic LoR to all Rads programs that I applied to (140) and all TYs that I applied to (28), leaving room to add one more Rads-specific LoR as soon as I finish my Rads elective in a few weeks. I also applied to 14 Anesthesia programs, but cannot (now anyway) meet the recommended # of 3 LoRs for them since I could only send them my 2 generic LoRs. Hopefully I'll be able to snag another strong generic LoR during my next elective, and I can use that to round out the 3 LoR requirement for these Gas programs.

What did you end up deciding on the specialty-specific LoR issue?

ApacheIndian

philomath
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
Earth
Originally posted by Stinky Tofu
What happened to Radiology or BURST? I guess those gases are flammable. ;)

lol... no way man... I wasn't going to apply to anything but Rads, but I talked to a Rads Chief Resident friend of mine, and he convinced me that I have nothing to lose by applying to some Gas programs, interviewing, and ranking them below any Rads programs I interview at on my ROL.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads