Difficult coworkers in Hospital pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MethodistSugarlandRPH

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'mma a graduate from several years ago (5-10 to be more specific) and I work with a foreign trained pharmacist named Brenda (not real name, chosen at random), she is incredibly condescending to me and others. She will literally walk into you like some bully in highschool. This person did not go to school here, can't speak the language correctly but thinks she's hot ****. She blows people off, tells them they're wrong, speaks down to them, lords over the techs with her pharmacist license. She has a friend in management who protects her too (who also looks miserable too). Like bitch, I have a pharmd and I speak english, you can barely use google. To her benefit, she knows her ID but doesn't give her the right to be a **** to everyone.

I've considered quitting because of her attitude but I know I'm more valuable than her. Just needed a place to vent.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take it up with someone higher up in the administration and if she tries to be nasty again, then give her a fair warning to stay in her lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I'mma a graduate from several years ago (5-10 to be more specific) and I work with a foreign trained pharmacist named Brenda (not real name, chosen at random), she is incredibly condescending to me and others. She will literally walk into you like some bully in highschool. This person did not go to school here, can't speak the language correctly but thinks she's hot ****. She blows people off, tells them they're wrong, speaks down to them, lords over the techs with her pharmacist license. She has a friend in management who protects her too (who also looks miserable too). Like bitch, I have a pharmd and I speak english, you can barely use google. To her benefit, she knows her ID but doesn't give her the right to be a **** to everyone.

I've considered quitting because of her attitude but I know I'm more valuable than her. Just needed a place to vent.

Quoted for posterity

Note to self: send a friend request to Brenda from Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital ASAP

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with @BigBoss. If you complain, administration usually takes it seriously. A couple of friends of mine got a verbal warning and had to apologize for accidentally closing the elevator door before another nurse could enter which she thought was rude lol

Reactions: 1 user

Sounds like a difficult problem. People like this don't usually last long

This is the truth about bullies, they pick on people who they think won't fight back. When she is giving you problems again, correct her and show some aggression. The aggression is the key, you want to show her that you will fight back. It might take a few times but she should change her behavior. If not, go to HR.

Bruh, this thread is a terrible idea.
I don't even work in the area, but i know exactly who you're talking about.
If i know who you are talking about, then she undoubtedly knows who the person posting this thread is.

Here's the most relevant piece of advice in the thread:

There are many, many ways to deal with people like her.
Passive aggressive "venting" is not one of them.

If i were you, I'd be begging Owle or PharmB to delete this thread.

Reactions: 7 users
Wow. The lack of a good sense of humor and sarcasm by the mods is slowly killing this forum. Use your brain please, obviously my post that was deleted was sarcasm... c'mon man.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Wow. The lack of a good sense of humor and sarcasm by the mods is slowly killing this forum. Use your brain please, obviously my post that was deleted was sarcasm... c'mon man.

Dey probabably has q good reason

Last edited:
Take it up with someone higher up in the administration and if she tries to be nasty again, then give her a fair warning to stay in her lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can only give a warning like this if you're ready to stand your ground. We don't know if OP can do this or even knows how to do this.

To the OP: did this difficult co-worker land this job through nepotism? Will make your fight harder. I scanned the responses and it seems like people know who you are? lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, I’m sorry for your situation.

That said, I annoy even myself sometimes with my trivial nitpicking. But here we go anyway: Why do we have to identify her as “Brenda”? The name was used only once in the post, and that was solely to state that the name is not real. It seems like an unnecessary exercise.

Oh well, maybe I just need to crack open an adult beverage and chill.

I agree with @BigBoss. If you complain, administration usually takes it seriously. A couple of friends of mine got a verbal warning and had to apologize for accidentally closing the elevator door before another nurse could enter which she thought was rude lol

Emphasis on *nurse*

I feel your pain bro. Some people find things like that distasteful though, what are you going to do? Can't please everybody.

The OP's username sure narrowed down the possibilities as to who they are.

Wow, this is how you doxx yourself! why would you ever choose such a specific username?
I hope you fubbed some of the details or are familiar with this...if I was at your hospital I'd be super curious who you were!

could it be a tech who dislike both the pharmacist, and want to create a drama to make the foreign trained pharmacist think that the op is the pharmacist who posted in son?
Edit: (posted this in SDN).

work drama sucks big time....especially when someone has connection to higher administrator and they all work in one side to agains the others, and play favors. Usually those who get in through connection also lacks the appropriate skills as they didn't really earn it through job interview but through connection....the so called networking---know those people who knows you.

maybe the username is misdirection to throw off Brenda, just in case she's here. OP 1, SDN 0

Reactions: 3 users