This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

propsych

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and would like to ask for your critique and guidance!

I am an undergraduate student (going into senior year)majoring in psychology and minoring in survey research and natural sciences, who has had a rough few years in college(many reasons) and ended up with a 2.1 GPA. Since last semester my GPA has jumped to a 2.7 and within the next year I should be able to reach at least a 3.0 ( I am getting straight A's in every class thus far and have a 4.0 in my psych major).

I have yet to take the GRE and plan to do so after I get my undergraduate degree, leaving a year between graduation and grad school.

Since last semester I have also joined a research lab and have been working really hard there:
and am now a co-team leader,
am 6th author on an APS poster
2nd author on an oral presentation at a smaller event
3rd author on a poster at a smaller event at my college
1st author on a poster at a smaller event at my college
I will also most likely be 4th author on a publication (this is currently in the works ).

This summer I am developing the new iteration of a study and will be working on the study next semester.
Hopefully this will lead to more posters and ideally another publication. Currently I am also applying to the REU research program and will most likely be working in my current lab on a presentation for that/getting a stipend for my research work.

Next semester I will also begin to volunteer at a mental health facility in my community.

My goal is to be accepted into a Clinical Psychology Phd program that focuses on both research and clinical practice ( I don't want to go for a Psy.D as I won't be able to afford it)
Ideally I want to avoid going to get a Master's after I graduate due to personal, monetary and time reasons.

Based on what you see here, what do you think my chances are for getting accepted, and what are some suggestions you can give me to improve my chances.

Thank you very much for all your time in reading this long and clearly very desperate for feedback post! haha

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea how!!! i'm a lost newb
Go to the first page on the psychology forum page where all the threads are listed. At the top are "sticky" threads- they always stay up top so they are easy to find. There is one there with a title that starts with WAMC. Copy-paste your above info there as a reply/comment on that thread. And welcome to the forum :)

Go to the first page on the psychology forum page where all the threads are listed. At the top are "sticky" threads- they always stay up top so they are easy to find. There is one there with a title that starts with WAMC. Copy-paste your above info there as a reply/comment on that thread. And welcome to the forum :)
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.