difficult?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdsquared

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
would taking the following courses be very difficult?

organic chemistry 1 (3 credits)
organic chemistry lab 1 (1 credit)
physics 2 (3 credits)
biology 2 (3 credits)
biology lab 2 (1 credit)
international culture (3 credits)

Will I have a very difficult time with this schedule or is it going to be fine?

Members don't see this ad.

physic + bio and orgo chem at the same time!!!!

Another nutcase like me. :laugh:

well, my best semester ever was on an overload:

Intro Bio2 (3)
Bio Lab (3)
PChem 2 (4)
PChem 2 lab (4)
Physics 2 (3.5)
2nd Year Japanese 2 (5)

I already knew 90% of Intro Bio2 by taking some courses out of standard order. So that made it a less difficult semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can easily get an A in all those classes because you're only taking 14 credits. Because 3/4 classes are science you will need to spend a good amount of time studying but you will have the time. I'm assuming that the o chem lab and the bio lab is once a week. As long as you don't fall behind in any of the classes you will be fine. The labs and the lectures for the week are slightly related.

Don't worry about the schedule. Go to class, don't fall behind, and study as much as you can. O chem and bio 2 are all about memorization.

if you make sure that you party time often, that schedule should be pretty easy. it's only 14 hours, but do not fall behind in any classes and make sure that you do not spend all your time studying. do other things and you will see that you be more focus and every thing will come easy to you.....

I took Organic II, Physics II, Human Physiology (tough), all of which had labs, plus did independent research for credit last spring semester. Plus, Physics II and Physiology overlapped on two days a week. This was a really tough semester, 17 credits, and I ended up w a BA in physics (the easiest class) because of lack of study time. Plus my physics final was back to back with one of my other finals. Oooof. Glad that is over! It can be done though.

The funny thing is that I had a relatively lax semester this fall and did worse. :( I got a CB in Spanish 101, my first grade below a B. I think it was all the application stress... that should count for 5 credits, applying to med-school. And MCAT prep too. I'm glad I took the MCAT in August so I could study during the summer. If you have to study for the MCAT while taking those courses I'd beware, drop international culture.

Originally posted by mdsquared
Will I have a very difficult time with this schedule or is it going to be fine?

Of course it'll be difficult. But the fact that you're even considering this schedule in the first place probably means you're a "go getter" who will be able to pull it off.

As long as you can pass the classes and get good grades.

However keep in mind you will be having to retain what you learn in those three classes because you will see that stuff again in a little test they like to call the MCAT:D