Difficulty getting ahold of orogram coordinator = red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommy2three

PGY-1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am asking outside opinions because being on this gives me maybe a little pause or bias

So I have been trying to contact a program to reschedule my interview and have emailed the program coordinator as well as left two voice mailed messages in 48 hours with no response

I had similar issues with trying to schedule the interview where i left three voice mails and an email before I got a response

My concern is if I am having this much trouble getting ahold if her now how much trouble will I have getting ahold of someone when I really need it?

Am I right to be concerned or is interview season making me overly crazy?

Members don't see this ad.

I am asking outside opinions because being on this gives me maybe a little pause or bias

So I have been trying to contact a program to reschedule my interview and have emailed the program coordinator as well as left two voice mailed messages in 48 hours with no response

I had similar issues with trying to schedule the interview where i left three voice mails and an email before I got a response

My concern is if I am having this much trouble getting ahold if her now how much trouble will I have getting ahold of someone when I really need it?

Am I right to be concerned or is interview season making me overly crazy?

No, you are right to be concern. I know these program coordinators are responsible for the interviews set up as well as taking care of residents. These are the same PC who help you to put your applications in time, sign correct papers, keep track of your patient list, etc in residency. Some of the I met are true superstars. They are so happy. It makes a difference to me. BEcause i know if they are happy and on top of things the residency is happy as well.

They are busy especially this time of year. Crazy stressful month or two for them and I try to cut them some slack. That said, it sounds like you've given this contact person more than enough opportunities to get in touch with you and she has been deficient in that. Keep that in mind when it comes time to match.

There could always be extenuating circumstances; death in the family, hospital layoffs (which seem to be all the rate these days), etc.