UHSDOMBA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey peeps,
How's everyone doing? I just need some advice on how to schedule 4th year ER rotations at competitive places in Cali for instance. Most medical schools reserve their spots for their own students first. I cannot start applying for these electives until June of this year. Besides crossing my fingers and being patient, is there any way I can get early confirmation for these ER electives? PS I really want to go to USC. Thanks!!

:horns:

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
Winston Salem, NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Find an attending at your place that knows an attending at the place you want to go. Ask them to make a call. That's should get you ahead of the game. Just keep in mind that you better work your ass off if you go there or you'll have an unhappy attending.

C

About the Ads

basementbeastie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
contact USC, they were one of the few calif programs that seem to schedule fourth year electives earlier than most.....have fun, it is a wild place....

UHSDOMBA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the tips. Now one more question: since I am planning on going into ER, does it matter where I do my 4th year non-ER rotations? For my fourth year, I am planning on staying with my brother in Long Beach. There's a small hospital (130 beds) there that offers many 4th year rotations. I plan on doing like 5 rotations there. Is that too many? I am going to do: Radiology, Urology, Orthopedics, FP, ICU. Do I need to do these at those big "brand name" instutions? I am trying to maintain a budget but do not want to sacrifice the quality of education. (I am over 200k in the hole.) :eek: Please let me know what you all think! :clap:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.