difficulty level of Uworld and Usmle-Rx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc-Oc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told uworld was harder? but is it harder by a lot? for example if one was getting 45% on uworld how would that equate on usmle rx? (rough estimate)

curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Rx is easier. I was in mid to upper 80s on Rx when I finished and started UWorld. My UWorld average started in the mid 60s. Nonetheless, I still feel that Rx is a solid qbank to use with school lectures and exams, and to get acclimated to studying for Step and getting a grasp on your weaker areas earlier rather than later.

Reactions: 2 users
Rx is definitely easier, but I actually don't recommend even doing it. This is coming from someone who used Rx up till November, and made the switch to uworld. Uworld has this freaky ability to integrate material that, so I hear, is reflective of the real exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rx is more of a shot for shot rehash of First aid that covers 1 topic per question where uworld requires much more synthesis.

I wouldn't say that UWorld requires more synthesis/integration/whatever other descriptor you prefer. The question stems just tend to contain more extraneous info that you have to filter through. You can break any UWorld question down to a very straightforward question. Rx is good for assessing your strengths and weaknesses content-wise. Kaplan is good for nailing down minutiae. UWorld is a combo of benefits of the others plus getting acclimated to the style of the exam.

Last edited:
if one was getting 45% on uworld how would that equate on usmle rx? (rough estimate)

if one was getting 45% on uworld how would that equate on usmle rx? (rough estimate)
It depends on the individual, what they're getting wrong, and why they're getting it wrong. Otherwise just expect to go up 10-20% if going from UWorld to Rx, or vice versa if going Rx to UWorld.

Reactions: 1 user