Difficulty of Acceptance intol UIC's GPPA Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btpayne13

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
What kind of stats should a high school student have to be accepted into University of Illinois - Chicago's GPPA Dental (accelerated undergrad-dental school) program? GPA? ACT score? Extracurriculars? I'm an Illinois resident (4.0 GPA unweighted, top 5 in class of size 300-350 students, good amount of varied extracurriculars, haven't taken ACT yet), so I might be considered a tad bit more because of that. What should I aim for if I want to get in? How much is tuition?

I've got my eyes on other schools too since I'm only a junior, like UoP's 2+3 or 3+3 dental program, and a local college. Definitely going to apply to all these.

UndergradGuy7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of stats should a high school student have to be accepted into University of Illinois - Chicago's GPPA Dental (accelerated undergrad-dental school) program? GPA? ACT score? Extracurriculars? I'm an Illinois resident (4.0 GPA unweighted, top 5 in class of size 300-350 students, good amount of varied extracurriculars, haven't taken ACT yet), so I might be considered a tad bit more because of that. What should I aim for if I want to get in? How much is tuition?

I've got my eyes on other schools too since I'm only a junior, like UoP's 2+3 or 3+3 dental program, and a local college. Definitely going to apply to all these.

From the website of the GPPA:
Have a minimum composite ACT score of 28 or an SAT score of 1240, and a high school rank in the top 15%.
For UIC, tuition + fees for the entering class of 2011 is 45k/year for the 1st year and 55k/yr for years 2,3 and 4. This does not include living expenses. These is in-state tuition.

btpayne13

Reaction score
Would shadowing/volunteering at a dentist's office help my chances of acceptance into UIC GPPA dental or UoP's 2+3 or 3+3 dental program? I will probably start doing that, as I have just started fall break for 2 weeks.