Difficulty of TBR bio passages in part 2 vs part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anyone else find that the passages in TBR bio go from hard to really hard in TBR part 2? So far ive only done 2/3 chapter 6..I was wondering if anyone could offer input as to if im getting owned by needing to know more bio or not readAing carefully...or just that the some of the passages are ridiculously hard. Heres my scores o far:

Passage 1: 5/5 (correct/total questions)
Passage 4: 4/6
Passage 7: 6/8
10: 4/7
Passage 13: 5/8

And then on the next set I got completely owned...

Passage 2: 1/6 Lol
Passage 5: 4/6
Passage 8: 2/7 GG me
Passage 11: 1/7
Passage 14: 4/7

any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else find that the passages in TBR bio go from hard to really hard in TBR part 2? So far ive only done 2/3 chapter 6..I was wondering if anyone could offer input as to if im getting owned by needing to know more bio or not readAing carefully...or just that the some of the passages are ridiculously hard. Heres my scores o far:

Passage 1: 5/5 (correct/total questions)
Passage 4: 4/6
Passage 7: 6/8
10: 4/7
Passage 13: 5/8

And then on the next set I got completely owned...

Passage 2: 1/6 Lol
Passage 5: 4/6
Passage 8: 2/7 GG me
Passage 11: 1/7
Passage 14: 4/7

any input?

part 2 is always harder than part 1 in all subjects of TBR

I just got completely destroyed on Passage 13 of Chapter 1 Orgo. I think I got 1 or 2 right. I'm doing SN2ed's schedule, so obviously at this point I haven't had much exposure to TBR, but up until that passage I didn't think anything was hard. I guess I'm screwed for part 2.

TBR introduces you to topics that you haven't seen yet (and will see soon) in their passages to try to get you to freak out and see if you can figure out the answer.

You'll learn what's what when you review.

If you're really freaking out then take a weekend and read through the EK or Kaplan orgo books. You'll have a better idea and things won't sound as crazy. It still won't help you get everything right, but it won't freak you out as much.

I'm honestly planning on doing a little bit of that just so I get 'more' out of the passages. I feel that it's almost like taking a practice exam without finishing Content.

Reviewing them is the most important part though so make sure you know it.

Members don't see this ad :)
TBR introduces you to topics that you haven't seen yet (and will see soon) in their passages to try to get you to freak out and see if you can figure out the answer.

You'll learn what's what when you review.

If you're really freaking out then take a weekend and read through the EK or Kaplan orgo books. You'll have a better idea and things won't sound as crazy. It still won't help you get everything right, but it won't freak you out as much.

I'm honestly planning on doing a little bit of that just so I get 'more' out of the passages. I feel that it's almost like taking a practice exam without finishing Content.

Reviewing them is the most important part though so make sure you know it.

Yea, a lot of the questions require you to make connections that can really be a reach considering what they covered in the chapter. So far though, 99% of the answer explanations have been very clear and were able to connect the concepts for me.

Yea, a lot of the questions require you to make connections that can really be a reach considering what they covered in the chapter. So far though, 99% of the answer explanations have been very clear and were able to connect the concepts for me.

That's the point!

Some of that is starting to become second nature for me. I'm starting to see where some of the 'tricks' are and where they try to 'getcha'.