Dilemma! Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suncouch

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have this dilemma. I got my August MCAT scores back and I got a 30. Good enough to apply for my state school: Georgia. I was planning on applying next year, but I got this idea.. perhaps I should apply this year. My year off was going to be filled with just work to support myself until I got in, but what if I could get in this year? So my plan is to only apply to my first choice state school this year and if I don't get in, reapply next year and at that time apply to many more. Is this crazy? Will applying twice hurt my chances? BTW, I have a 3.65. My thought is that I don't forsee my application changing much in the next year except for possibly working as a receptionist and perhaps I can beef it up if I knew. But not at the cost of never getting in. Please let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

You want your first application to med school to be the best it can be. Also, it would be <b>very</b> risky to use your first shot at med school only applying to one. My opinion would be to wait a year and apply when you can submit your app in june instead of october and also so you can a bunch of schools.