Dilemma: My Kaplan Online Access Expired...now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LIT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I took the Kaplan MCAT Prep Course this summer, but since my practice test scores weren't awesome, my instructor recommended I cancel my MCAT and take it later. I'm scheduled to take the MCAT in May, 2016, but my Kaplan online access has expired! Now, they want $100 for 2 weeks of access! This would cost me an additional $400 in addition to the $1800 I already paid for the course. My question is, do you guys think the Kaplan online access is worth it? I'd mostly do it for the practice tests and feedback. Or, is there something else out there that would be a better use of my time and money? AAMC official tests, etc.? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,
This is just my 2 cents. I didn't pay for any prep courses and did very well (my bias). The AAMC has made it so you don't need a prep course. YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED the AAMC practice material ***IMO*** this is the material that tells you whether you are ready and where u can improve. Also the Khan Academy is excellent for studying.

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't already have all the AAMC material, spend the money on that instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you already use your higher score guarantee?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there,
This is just my 2 cents. I didn't pay for any prep courses and did very well (my bias). The AAMC has made it so you don't need a prep course. YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED the AAMC practice material ***IMO*** this is the material that tells you whether you are ready and where u can improve. Also the Khan Academy is excellent for studying.

Thank you, Cookie Monster!

upload_2016-3-5_15-13-50.png

Assuming that you've purchased the TPR book set, you can register the set online using their ISBN number to access their online practice exams.

Really? Cool. Thank you. I'll give it a shot! Much appreciated.