Dilemma of practice material allocation: When you know that you might retake again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking 1/23 test .. I will likely take it again since my practice scores have been 9ish so far but may jump over the next 3 tests (That's normal)

I have last 1/ 3 of TBR problems left , TPHR SW( untouched,) and TBR 7 tests and AAMC eight tests left.
I can also get GS tests too

I don't want to use them all up since I may be retaking again.
What's the best to allocate tests here (and still save some good ones for the last test date)? Which practice tests should I take?

Members don't see this ad.

Take every other AAMC (like 5, 8, 11) for this exam and leave the rest if you feel like you'll need it later. Honestly if you can get though SWB before Jan 23 you might see your scores increase and not have to retake... I have seen noticeable improvements in not only my scores but also my test taking skills

You may want to stop everything right now and take a break for a couple days. You're going into the test with a defeatist attitude which will only hurt your score regardless of the amount of studying you put in. If you aren't ready, it's better to delay and reevaluate your study techniques, than rush the exam with a defeated mindset.

Members don't see this ad :)
sure

thanksgiving break, TPR 1 - like a 24. A week later, TPR 2, 23 (lol)
This is after 3-4 months of A LOT of reading, content review. Had to basically teach myself all of bio, physics, gen chem from scratch

Maybe a week after that - AAMC #3 - 29. No real passage-based experience at this point.
Started to hit TPRH passages, stopped reading for content and focused on problem solving...

TPR 3 - 29 (big improvement in PS, 7-->10). TPR cracking #1 27 (i thought this exam was difficult)
at this point I was crapping my pants

AAMC #4 - 34. showed me that this test could be beaten
AAMC #5 - 32. Should have been a 34 as well, 4 really dumb mistakes in PS

I can't stomach thinking of studying for 3 more months personally, so i have eliminated all thoughts of postponing from my head.

still not where i want to be but 24 days is a LOT of time and i think, with some luck, i can swing a score I want on test day.

You may want to stop everything right now and take a break for a couple days. You're going into the test with a defeatist attitude which will only hurt your score regardless of the amount of studying you put in. If you aren't ready, it's better to delay and reevaluate your study techniques, than rush the exam with a defeated mindset.

SN2ed, thank you for your response. Perhaps it is good idea to have a break for next 2 days:
I just know that I need to hit 10/11s consistently or more to feel comfortable and rising trend.

I could void the test at the end and that sounds like a option , while giving the test my all. However, I don't want to use up all the materials in next 3 weeks (that wouldn't be possible completely).

What to do?

Last edited: