dilemma on books for step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgal1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so i think i'm going to start buying the books that i don't already have

here's my dilemma though

for Behavioral : HY OR BRS?? both are written by fadem
or should i just not waste time and stick with FA

Cell bio / molecular bio : HY worth it???
or just FA???
and what is it with the first 4 chapters that people keep talking aobut?

Histology : HY worth it???
or just FA???

these are the subjects i'm not sure if i should have supplemental material for in addition to FA...

but i've definitely decided anatomy and embryo - i will not use anything besides FA...

Members don't see this ad.

Behavioral: I'm doing FA and WebPrep, but concerning your book choice, I've heard more praise for BRS than HY.

Cell and Molecular Bio: I'd get HY. I have it, I like it.

Histology: Just FA. From what I understand embryo and neuroanatomy are higher yield for step one and both of these subjects have pretty good HY books. You know, if you wanted more to study.

kgal1 said:
ok so i think i'm going to start buying the books that i don't already have

here's my dilemma though

for Behavioral : HY OR BRS?? both are written by fadem
or should i just not waste time and stick with FA

Cell bio / molecular bio : HY worth it???
or just FA???
and what is it with the first 4 chapters that people keep talking aobut?

Histology : HY worth it???
or just FA???

these are the subjects i'm not sure if i should have supplemental material for in addition to FA...

but i've definitely decided anatomy and embryo - i will not use anything besides FA...

I used Behavioral BRS since I got one for free. I thought it was a good book, but HY would probably be adequate.

I am so glad I got the Molecular/Cell HY, I was surprised how much of that crap was on my test. Honestly, even though I used it I still felt unprepared for some of that esoteric molecular stuff. I don't know anything about "1st four chapters" I read the whole thing.

I just stuck with FA for histo, but I had histo in undergrad and was a TA for my med school course so I felt pretty good about that subject, which kinda sucks for me since it is probably tied with embryo for most insignificant subject for Step 1. Seriously you might have like 4 histo questions. But I guess they also sort of work it in to some of the pathophys questions, I really can't remember.

Hope this helps. Good luck.